After endless attempts of trying to access BBC iPlayer, I’ve realized that my geo-location is what’s stopping me from streaming Killing Eve in Belgium. I’m not located where BBC iPlayer offers its services, and that’s the UK.
To prevent random and international access, the dominant streaming service, BBC iPlayer, resorts to geo-blocking. However, these days, online users can remove geo-blocks of all kinds using different methods, like a VPN and Smart DNS, which I’ll talk more about below.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Belgium
BBC iPlayer is in high demand in and outside the UK, owing to its wide range of classic and contemporary shows, family programs, sports events, news specials, and Sci-fi. Unfortunately, non-UK residents can’t access BBC iPlayer from where they are unless they make use of either a VPN or Smart DNS. After connecting to either one of these tools, a user living in Belgium can stream BBC iPlayer.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Belgium Using a VPN
Available as an internet TV, radio, and mobile app, BBC iPlayer is a household name in the UK. British expats located in Belgium do not have access to this streaming service due to geo-restrictions. You’ll come across this message if you try to:
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
Anyone who is in Belgium and is interested in streaming BBC iPlayer’s content can successfully do so when connected to a reliable VPN service provider. The reason behind the unblocking success is the VPN’s digital tunnel. The VPN creates a private tunnel through which it passes users’ data before reaching the other server. When it does, the data appears to have different properties, like where it is coming from.
With a VPN connection, you gain security benefits as well. Besides appearing to be located in a different country, you get to benefit from online anonymity. To unblock BBC iPlayer in Belgium, you must follow the steps below:
- Obtain a VPN service provider that reliably unblocks BBC iPlayer.
- You have to create a VPN account, so you get to access the application.
- Get the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Run the app and look for UK servers.
- Locate a UK server and connect to it.
- Now, you’ll appear using a British IP address.
- Enjoy streaming all that BBC iPlayer has to offer in Belgium.
ExpressVPN is one of the best providers for unblocking content. It has excellent security features and fascinating speeds. This provider offers nothing but guaranteed results and ensures customer satisfaction. You can also make use of other top VPN service providers for BBC, make sure you check out the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Belgium Using a Smart DNS
The good news doesn’t end here as there are more ways in which one can unblock BBC iPlayer in Belgium. This way involves less encryption and faster speeds; it’s using a Smart DNS proxy. When using a Smart DNS, your browser will send a request to the DNS to find the real IP address of the BBC iPlayer’s website. It locates it in its address book, then returns it to your browser. Then, your browser will load the BBC’s content from the returned IP address.
The Smart DNS will make you appear where you are not located. As a result, you get to access content based in that country. You did get the content you want; however, your data was nowhere near secure. This device differs from a VPN in regards to security as it offers zero encryptions and makes no changes to your IP address.
It is only responsible for rerouting the traffic responsible for determining your geo-location through a designated server, resulting in your immediate access to restricted content. Here’s how you can unblock BBC iPlayer in Belgium with a Smart DNS:
- Subscribe to a Smart DNS server like Unlocator.
- Watch these videos/setup tutorials.
- Now, configure the Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Head on over to BBC iPlayer’s app or website.
- Stream Killing Eve or any BBC iPlayer shows without difficulty.
I recommend that you use Unlocator as your Smart DNS proxy. It’s a Danish company that offers both a VPN and Smart DNS service. Now, the Smart DNS ‘s primary function is helping users unblock geo-restricted content.
Unlocator is easy-to-use and provides the best seeds. In case you are unsure of such a decision, you can benefit from its 7-day free trial. That way, you have enough time to make a decision as to whether or not you want the service.
Watch BBC iPlayer in Belgium
Both a VPN and a Smart DNS can get you 2000 plus hours of British TV shows in 13 different genres upon your request in Belgium. The method you choose relies on what you prioritize more: security or speed.
Now that you know there are two ways you can unblock BBC iPlayer in Belgium which one would you choose? Let me know in the comment section below.