How to get American Amazon Prime Video in Australia? Fans of the largely popular Amazon Prime Instant Video will be delighted to learn that Amazon just recently expanded to reach over 200 countries with their in-demand service. Their Australian audience, however, isn’t so lucky as the Australian Prime Video version is far inferior to the American one. In spite of this, there still is a way for Australian nationals and foreign expats living there to stream US Prime Video in Australia; all they need to do is decide on whether to use VPN or Smart DNS to bypass the regional restrictions and unblock American Prime Video on their Mac, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Smart TV, iOS, Xbox, PS4 or PC. Read on for more insight on how both solutions work.
How to Get American Amazon Prime in Australia?
How to Get American Amazon Prime Video in Australia via VPN
As mentioned above, one way of unblocking US Amazon Prime Video in Australia is by use of a well-trusted technology known as VPN. A Virtual Private Network works by spoofing your location where after you’re connected to a remote VPN server, you get access to the geo-restricted sites and channels that originate from that country. You will easily be able to get around geoblocks and stream Amazon Prime Video USA as soon as you have your VPN set up. You can also use VPN to get access to the much cheaper American Amazon store. Here are the instructions:
- Search for a credible provider (we recommend ExpressVPN) and sign up with them.
- You’ll then be guided on how to download and install their VPN app on your Android, PC, Mac or iOS.
- Launch the app and connect to an American VPN server.
- You’ll now have access to Amazon Prime Video, HULU, Netflix and a wide range of other channels.
- Aussies can use the same process to switch their Amazon Prime region to USA and get access to discounts and products that aren’t available on the Australian Amazon Prime website.
Australian residents who are already using ExpressVPN can tell you of the quality of their service, but if you’re not the kind to rely on word of mouth, there’s a handful of other top VPN providers for Amazon Prime that are also worth checking out:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Unblocking US Amazon Prime Video in Australia via Smart DNS Proxies
In as much as VPN is widely trusted to unblock geo-restrictions that might be preventing you from streaming a certain channel, Smart DNS proxies also do a good job in bypassing geo-blocks such as the one restricting Australian viewers from watching Prime Video in Australia. The setup procedure is fairly easy and straightforward:
- Head over to Unlocator and sign up for their free 7-day trial.
- Configure your Xbox, PS4, Fire TV Stick, PS3, Apple TV, PC, Mac, iOS, Android or Chromecast through the many videos, screenshots, and setup guides available to ensure your streaming device works properly with Smart DNS.
- Go on and access Amazon Instant Video.
- You get to unblock 220 other streaming channels such as BBC, ITV, Sky, Hulu, ABC Go and Sling TV.
The 7 day free trial period offered by Unlocator is more than enough to confirm for yourself that it does indeed work well to unblock American Amazon Prime Video in Australia. One advantage they have over other premium providers is that you won’t have to spend any money to test out their service.
Watching US Amazon Prime Video in Australia – Final Thoughts
Now that you know you can use either VPN or Smart DNS proxies to unblock Amazon Prime in Australia, there’s no reason to continue missing out on top-rated Amazon Prime channels like Starz, Showtime, or the very entertaining Comedy Central Stand-Up Plus. Go ahead and test out ExpressVPN or Unlocator and get to enjoy premium online content.