HBO Go has a solid reputation for making great TV shows which the whole American population can enjoy. However, for the people in Europe, HBO Go is inaccessible without either a VPN or a Smart DNS. But don’t worry, if you’re living across the pond, we’ll teach how you can stream HBO Go wherever you are.
How to Watch HBO Go in Europe
Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, Silicon Vally, Entourage, and Westworld are all shows you get to stream on HBO Go. These shows are the reason why hundreds of people in Europe whether expats or locals crave this streaming service and want it unblocked. However, if these people were to try to access HBO Go, they would receive a message that reads: “Not in service area”. They have to be residing or connecting to the internet in the US. It doesn’t end there as there is another way the people in Europe can access the service.
How to Watch HBO Go in Europe Using a VPN
Europeans can lift the restrictions imposed on HBO Go and unblock the streaming service. A virtual private network is a technology that creates a secure private network between two hosts. It is a secure method of sending internet traffic through another computer on the Internet while getting everything encrypted along the way.
The VPN also reroutes your connection through a designated server in the country you choose. It allows you to connect to another secure server from your location, and thus your IP address will be changed to that country’s IP address. So, all the websites based in that country will think that you are located in it, even when you are not.
- Download and install the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to an American VPN server. This will give you an American IP address.
- Finally, visit HBO Go’s website.
- Stream all the shows available on HBO Go in Europe.
When it comes to internet security, ExpressVPN is like no other. It encrypts your connection so that third parties can’t keep track of your online activity. Plus, you’ll need a reliable service provider like ExpressVPN to unblock a major streaming service like HBO Go. The table below presents you with other service providers you can choose from to help you unblock HBO Go in Europe.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Watch HBO Go in Europe Using a Smart DNS
Another way you can get HBO Go in Europe is by using a Smart DNS proxy. Although a Smart DNS might not be the safest option, it definitely is the fastest. A Smart DNS does not encrypt user data, and that’s why it’s so fast. Despite not changing users’ IP addresses, a Smart DNS can unblock the content you want no matter where they are in the world. However, what you get to unblock depends on the Smart DNS you’re using. Here’s how you get to unblock HBO Go using a Smart DNS in Europe:
- Sign up with a Smart DNS proxy that supports the unblocking of HBO Go.
- Setup Unlocator’s DNS server addresses on your device. You can also configure Unlocator DNS on your router.
- Visit HBO Go’s website or app and sign in.
- Stream all the best shows HBO Go has in store.
The right Smart DNS proxy will allow you to unblock and access over 200 channels. This is why we advise you to use Unlocator. With Unlocator, you are able to access everything from anywhere, including HBO Go in Europe.
Watch HBO Go in Europe
Take the content literally “on the go everywhere you go”, including Europe. But make sure that you’ll only be able to do so if you make use of a VPN or Smart DNS. That’s all you have to do in order to get HBO Go unblocked in Europe. With that being said, which method will you choose? Let us know in the comment section below.