Just when you thought Oprah couldn’t get any bigger, you find out about her television network. For long she has displayed leadership in original scripted and unscripted programming in the company of superstar guests and talents. She was able to build a like-minded fanbase one that would eventually follow her to the place where all her creativity poured in, and that is her own channel, the Oprah Winfrey Network, OWN.
One of the most influential figures in modern society owns a network that only US residents can enjoy. A household name like Oprah is capable of attracting the attention of thousands, not just in the US but worldwide. The magnetism of OWN has everything to do with Oprah’s household name, and fans outside the US can use a VPN to stream OWN’s content wherever they may be located. With a VPN, all restrictions on OWN get removed, and viewers will be able to watch the channel anytime, anywhere on Android, iOS, Chromecast, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, PC, and Mac.
How to watch OWN outside the US
Watch Oprah Winfrey Network Outside the US Using a VPN
The channel that hosts the hit megachurch drama series Greenleaf and the self-help talk show Super Soul Sunday has to be unblocked with VPN in order for viewers to stream its content. A VPN is a secure method of sending your internet traffic through another computer on the Internet while encrypting everything along the way. It also reroutes your connection through a designated server in the country of your choice thus granting you the IP of that country. Afterward, you’ll be able to access all of the content based in that country. Here’s how you can watch OWN outside the US using a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN application on your streaming device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to a server in the US.
- You now have an American IP.
- Enjoy all of the cultural, educational, and entertaining content OWN has to offer.
ExpressVPN is well-known for its consistent performances and high-quality services. This service provider can bypass all kinds of restrictions and give you access to whatever content that’s not available to you. For more information on other service providers, check out the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Internet freedom has become a dream come true for web users since the beginning of the creation of the VPN. If you choose to subscribe to a reliable VPN provider, you can make sure that your online safety will be taken care of, and you will be able to access your favorite websites. This technology has a lot of advantages and benefits with security and privacy in the lead. However it can do other stuff too, take a look:
- Prevent third parties from accessing your data.
- Bypass any content filters, bans or blacklisting.
- Protect your data from government surveillance.
- Access geo-restricted sites and content.
- Hide your geographical location.
- Let you access safely public wifi.
- Prevent bandwidth throttling.
- Save money with border-related purchases.
- Get around blocks and other forms of censorship.
- Hide browsing activity from local networks and ISPs.
- Download, share files, and torrent safely.
How to Watch OWN Outside the US
Get a VPN, download the app or visit the site to watch OWN anytime, anywhere. From any part of the world, you’ll be able to watch full episodes and live stream OWN whenever and wherever you want. Catch up with Queen is Sugar, Love is, the Paynes, and of course The Oprah Winfrey show all on Oprah Winfrey Network. Oprah has built on her audience’s interest and delivered accordingly, although she could mix it up a bit with her programming to make it more interesting. If Oprah’s name wasn’t massive enough, imagine how OWN’s ratings would skyrocket if she ever made to the office.