free on-demand video service My5 is only available in UK
. To watch Big Brother, The Walking Dead, and Law & Order outside UK
, use Smart DNS or VPN. Both methods allow you to stream geoblocked content like My5 in USA, Australia, Canada, or France
. I’ll compare Smart DNS/VPN and provide instructions for installation in this tutorial.
How to Watch Channel 5 outside UK
How to Watch My5 abroad – The VPN Method
VPN “Virtual private network” changes your IP address and provides you with a new one from almost any region in the world. Install VPN. Choose a UK VPN server. The next time you use the My5 app or website, you’ll appear to be located in the United Kingdom. Watch all My5 shows abroad. Simply follow these instructions to get Channel 5 outside the UK.
- Sign up with a VPN provider (preferably ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device you wish to stream Channel 5 on.
- Visit the Channels 5’s website or launch the application.
- Connect to a UK server to get a British IP address.
- Stream Channel 5’s content anywhere in the world.
Check out ExpressVPN if you’re interested in VPN. They offer VPN apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and PC. They also have 66 VPN locations including UK.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to watch Channel 5 outside UK – The Smart DNS Method
If you try to watch episodes on My5 abroad, you’ll be greeted with this message “The video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country or location.” That’s because Channel 5 is able to detect your location by looking at your IP address. Smart DNS simply hides your location giving geo-restricted channels like My5 no chance to realize you’re located outside UK. Let’s have a look at other Smart DNS advantages.
- Unblock restricted content from different countries at once. Using one Smart DNS setup, you get to watch UK’S Channek 5, US Netflix, and BEIN Sports simultaneously.
- Smart DNS actually doesn’t change your local IP address.
- You Internet speed stays the same even when you’re using Smart DNS.
- All streaming devices work. Watch Channel 5 on Smart TV, Set-top boxes (Roku, Freesat..), Xbox, PlayStation, and others.
Some ISPs try to prevent their clients from taking advantage of Smart DNS by deploying DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. Check that your Smart DNS proxy service provider does have Channel 5 in their unblocked channel list before you sign up. Unlocator‘s 159 unblocked streaming services include My5. Start up by giving their 7-day free trial a go. You can also check their video/installation guides for all devices.
My5 Compatible Devices
The following devices have Channel 5 apps.
- iOS (iPhone/ipad/iPod Touch)
- Android (Samsung/Motorola/Nexus/Sony Xperia)
- Windows Phone 8
- Windows PC
- Smart TV (Samsung, LG, Sony, Bravia, Panasonic)
- Set-top Boxes (YouView, Freesat, Now TV, Roku, BT Vision, Virgin Media, Sky on Demand)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox 360/Xbox One
My5 Top Shows.
- Big Brother
- Wentworth Prison
- Under the Dome
- Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away
- The Bachelor
- American Idol
- Home and Away
- Fight Night Live
- Comedy Kings
That’s all info you need about streaming Channel 5 abroad. Either use Smart DNS or VPN to unblock and watch My5 outside UK.