The Australian Senate has recently passed a new anti-piracy bill (Copyright Amendmend/Online Infringement) in an attempt to block torrent websites in Australia. This means that soon Australian ISPs (TPG, Optus, IINet, Primus, Exetel, Dodo, Telstra) will block access to ‘pirate’ sites like The Pirate Bay, Torrent Freak, Isohunt, Bittorrent, Popcorn Time, KissAss, Torrentz. With the presence of VPN, you don’t have to worry much about the new legislation. VPN allows you to unblock any website you want. It also protects your privacy while you’re online. Read the following guide to learn more about how to access any torrent sites blocked in Australia.
How to Access Torrent Sites Blocked in Australia?
Update: As of the 24 of February 2017, more than 50 Australian ISPs have to start barring subscriber access to ‘pirate’ sites. To bypass Internet censorship and access any website you want in Australia, you will have to use VPN.
Best VPNs to Access Banned Torrent Sites in Australia
Once you install the VPN app on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android, connect to a VPN server where the blocked website you want to access is not blocked. (Anywhere other than UK, Australia, China). Make sure the VPN provider you sign up with does not keep logs or cap your traffic. Below is a list of the best VPN providers you can use to unblock torrent sites and streaming portals blocked in Australia.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Access Blocked Torrent Sites in Australia using VPN
- First of all, sign up with a VPN service from the list above. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server from within the app.
- You have now successfully hidden your IP address. All your Internet traffic is securely encrypted.
- Finally, head over to Pirate Bay, KickAss Torrents, or any other banned site in Australia.
Not only can you access banned sites in Australia using VPN, but you also get to do so anonymously. That means as long as you are connected to a VPN server, your ISP will not be able to spy on what you are doing online.
List of Sites in Blocked in Australia by TPG & Telstra
TPG, Telstra and other Australian ISPs have banned access to the following sites.
- The Pirate Bay
- KickAss Torrents
- Popcorn Time
- Torrent Downloads
- Yify Torrent
What is VPN?
There’s no doubt that VPN has become more popular in Australia. That’s mainly because of the huge amount of privacy it can grant you. There are many Australian that still don’t know what it is or how it works.
- VPN is short for Virtual Private Network. It allows its users to establish a secure and private connection between them and a server located anywhere around the world.
- When connected to a VPN server, all your Internet traffic gets encrypted. No more ISP or government agencies eavesdropping on you.
- VPN also enables you to surf the web anonymously. Giving you even more privacy online.
- VPN lets you change your IP address and obtain a new one from a country of your choice. US, UK, or Canadian geoblocked content such as Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, Sling TV, ESPN, WWE Network, BBC, Sky, Now TV, Hbo Now all become accessible.
How to Unblock Sites Banned in Australia – Conclusion.
If you value your privacy and want more Internet freedom, then VPN is the only way forward. Just make sure you choose wisely before you sign up with a VPN provider.
*Disclaimer: This article is only intended for educational purposes. We do not in any way condone, promote or encourage, any criminal or illegal activity. Your actions are your responsibility. Please check your local laws regarding torrents and pirated streaming. Kindly note that we do not host any pirated content on this site.