Netflix has launched a ‘war’ on Smart DNS proxy services. Unblock-US, like other Smart DNS proxy services, have been trying to bypass/fix the infamous Netflix proxy error. However, users are still getting the following error message when trying to switch their Netflix region to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, France, or elsewhere. “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.” At this time, I have tested several methods to unblock American Netflix outside USA. So far, ExpressVPN has proven to be the most reliable solution to change Netflix region to USA.
Unblock-US Netflix Proxy Error – How to Fix with VPN Alternative
Netflix Proxy Error (netflix.com/proxy). “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
VPN and Smart DNS proxies have long been the two tried and tested methods to bypass region restrictions and watch streaming channels to that would usually be geoblocked in your country. Many geo-restricted streaming channels have indeed tried to block both VPN and Smart DNS services with varying rates of success. At the start of 2016, Netflix announced that it would put an end to using VPN or Smart DNS proxies in order to change Netflix regions. “Those using proxies and unblockers will only be able to access the service in the country where they currently are.” That means you’d only be able to watch your local Netflix region. Otherwise, you would get the following Netflix proxy error message. “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Indeed, many VPN/Smart DNS services failed to bypass or fix the Netflix proxy error for their users as a result of Netflix’s new policy. At this point, I can confirm* that there is a method you can still use to unblock and watch American Netflix outside USA. This working Netflix VPN is ExpressVPN.
*As of April 23rd, 2019.
Unblock-US Netflix Proxy Error – Bypass and Fix with VPN
Whether Unblock-US, or other Smart DNS proxy services for that matter, will be able to find a permanent fix for the Netflix proxy error is yet to be seen. It’s clear that Netflix is serious about its crackdown on proxies. Blocking VPNs is a totally different story, however. VPN providers work in a different manner compared to Smart DNS. Thus, it is much more difficult for Netflix to identify whether you are using a VPN or not.
- Since Netflix began its new ‘policy‘ against Smart DNS proxies and VPN services, I have been able to use ExpressVPN to unblock and watch American Netflix outside USA.
- Connecting to an American VPN server unblocks all US channels simultaneously. Watch US Netflix, HBO GO, Showtime Anytime, Hulu, or ABC Go with one VPN configuration.
- Additionally, VPN allows you to bypass geographic blocks. VPN also performs a full traffic encryption, shielding your online activities from potential eavesdroppers.
- VPN, unlike Smart DNS, is totally unaffected by DNS hijacking and transparent proxies.
ExpressVPN offer a 30-day money back refund period. That means you can always get your money back in case you are not totally satisfied with their service. As things stand, you do not have to go down that road. ExpressVPN continues to unblock American Netflix outside USA.
Unlocator does not support unblocking American Netflix
at the moment. Use ExpressVPN
to watch Netflix abroad. ExpressVPN do offer Smart DNS proxies for compatible devices.
How to Get American Netflix Abroad with VPN
- First, sign up with a VPN provider.
- Then, download and install the VPN application to your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to an American VPN server.
- Finally, go to the Netflix website or launch the Netflix application.
- Watch American Netflix outside USA.
ExpressVPN also provide their users with Smart DNS proxies that work on PS3, PS4, Xbox, FireTV, Roku, Smart TV, and routers. These devices do not have VPN clients. Therefore, you cannot install VPN directly on them. A Smart DNS proxy enables you to fix that issue.
Unblock-US Netflix Proxy Error Workaround – Smart DNS Proxy Solution
If you are having Netflix proxy error issues with Unblock-Us and do not wish to use VPN to unblock American Netflix, you can use other Smart DNS services. I have recently tested a lot of them. At the moment, I am able to change my Netflix region to USA using Unlocator. You can sign up with Unlocator for free. The trial period is 7 days which gives you more than enough time to test their service.
- Smart DNS can be configured on most streaming devices. Bypass the Netflix proxy error on iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, PC, Mac, or Roku.
- With Smart DNS, you do not need to change your network settings every time you wish to watch a streaming channel from a different region.
- No Internet traffic encryption nor IP address change is involved when using Smart DNS.
So, give Unlocator a try if you want to continue unblocking American Netflix outside the USA. Signing up does not require a credit card.
How to Fix Netflix Proxy Error for Unblock-US – Use VPN Alternative
Unblock-US might eventually find a more permanent fix for the Netflix Proxy Error. In the meantime, you can switch to VPN or Smart DNS proxy in order to change your Netflix region to USA.