Vevo, one of the largest online sites for viewing music videos that have been uploaded by fans and watching live content of different styles of music. Since Vevo is a widely used platform all over the US, they have decided to geoblock every country other than the United States including Canada, UK, Mexico, Italy, Germany, and Russia. So if you live outside the US, you can not get access to content on Vevo; although there has been a new way released, which unblocks all content for you and gives you permission to watch any content on Vevo. You can use either a VPN or a Smart DNS Proxy to bypass the geographical restrictions in order to stream. Both of these methods, make the servers believe you are in the US and will send you the data you require. Vevo is a platform where many devices including your PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV can stream.
Watch Vevo outside USA – How to Unblock outside USA via VPN DNS Proxy
How to Unblock Vevo outside USA using a VPN
Your first attempt at unblocking content on Vevo can start off by using a standard VPN, a Virtual Private Network functions quite monotonously and can easily deal with bypassing the geographical restrictions set by Vevo. In simple terms, a VPN only changes your computer’s IP address to one that tricks the servers into thinking is of New Zealand. When this happens, they automatically agree to send you the data that you requested. VPN’s could also be used for other streaming sites such as Stan, BBC iPlayer, and Showtime.
- You will need to register with a quality VPN that works with what you need your VPN for, find one that suits you and use it.
- After you sign up, download and install any drivers and softwares required on all the devices that you plan on using it on. VPN’s support many devices including your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- The advantage that comes with using a VPN is that you are given extra security and privacy when the VPN is activated, for your browsing.
A reliable and maintained VPN available for purchase is ExpressVPN. This VPN offers you a whole month refund policy, in which you have an abundant amount of time to check out the service and see if it works for you. This VPN should easily be able to bypass geographical restrictions by Vevo. If for some reason you would rather use another VPN, there are many others available in the market and most will do just fine.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Watch Vevo outside USA via Smart DNS Proxy
The alternative method to using a VPN is using a Smart DNS Proxy, this way is also capable of maintaining your proxy connection. A Smart DNS Proxy simply reroutes incoming traffic to your computer from Vevo and sends it to an american IP; only to trick the servers into thinking that you are from the US and to send data to you. Using a Smart DNS Proxy, you will have to do a little manual work in setting up your connection; once you have that done, you are ready to start streaming on Vevo.
- The problem that comes with using a Smart DNS Proxy is that your ISP can hijack and use transparent proxies to stop your connection and not allow you to stream content.
- The upside to using a Smart DNS Proxy is that your internet speed is not affected.
- Also you can watch on multiple platforms without having to adjust your network configurations each time you switch platforms.
- Smart DNS Proxies will function on devices such as your PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, and Smart TV.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS Proxy available for bypassing the geographical restrictions by Vevo, and allow you to stream seamlessly on your device. Unlocator also comes with a seven day free trial in which you can test out the service and see if it fits your needs or not. Unlocator has setup guides and videos to assist you while setting up your Smart DNS Proxy.
Vevo Compatible Devices
Listed below are the device on which you can stream Vevo
- PC and Mac
- iPhone and iPad
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart Media Player
VPN or a Smart DNS Proxy to Unblock Vevo outside USA
When deciding on which method will work best for you, you need to understand all the advantages and disadvantages of each service. A VPN will give you a more secure connection while having softwares being run on your computer, while a Smart DNS Proxy will give you a faster connection which is more vulnerable to attacks. You need to understand that both methods will do the job for you, it just depends on what you feel fits with you better.