How to Get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand? Keeping Faith, Miranda, Requiem, and Creeped Out are some of the best shows available on the UK’s BBC iPlayer. Unfortunately, the rest of the world don’t get to enjoy any of them because BBC iPlayer is limited to UK viewership and is geo-blocked outside the British borders. Although Internet access is widely available in New Zealand and nearly the entire population is covered by 3G and 4G mobile broadband, its citizens are not exempted from geo-restrictive laws. That would mean that New Zealanders, just like people located in the US, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, and Italy cannot access BBC iPlayer unless of course, they get a British IP address. Getting a new IP can be easily managed by securing a VPN connection on any PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox, Apple TV, Roku, Android, iPhone, and FireStick. Keep on reading to find out how.
How to Get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand
How to Get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand Using a VPN
If you attempt to access BBC iPlayer from New Zealand, you’ll most likely come across an error message informing you that iPlayer is not available where you are located.
BBC iPlayer knows where you are, they can detect the IP you’re connecting with. As soon as they learn that it’s not from within the UK, they’ll terminate your access. The good news is that all you need is a VPN, and you’ll be able to stream BBC iPlayer’s content from anywhere in the world, including New Zealand. Upon connecting to a VPN, your connection gets rerouted through a designated server in the country of your choice. After that, you’ll be granted the IP address of the country’s server you connected to. Not only will that give you anonymity online, but it will also help you bypass geo-restrictions of all kinds. Here’s how you use a VPN to unblock BBC iPlayer in New Zealand.
- Download and install the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to a UK VPN server.
- Finally, go to the BBC iPlayer website or launch the iPlayer application.
- Watch BBC iPlayer in Ireland.
ExpressVPN is the number one most trusted VPN service provider in the market, and we highly recommend subscribing to its services. Although it’s not the cheapest, what it has to offer is worth every penny. Besides their extensive history of bypassing geo restrictions, ExpressVPN is capable of maintaining your security and privacy while online. You can read our article on the best VPN for New Zealand or check out other service providers in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand Using a Smart DNS
If you for some reason didn’t fancy VPN usage, you can always try a Smart DNS proxy. Just like a VPN, it helps unblock geo restrictions from anywhere around the world. What it doesn’t do, however, is provide the same security measures as a VPN. A Smart DNS proxy delivers faster speeds because your data doesn’t get fully encrypted in the process. You don’t get a new IP address either, but somehow you’ll be able to access blocked material. This is how you use a Smart DNS proxy to get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand:
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Follow these videos/setup tutorials to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Go to BBC iPlayer’s website.
- Enjoy your unlimited access to all of BBC iPlayer’s content.
Unlocator is an excellent company. From their top notch customer service to their user-friendly programming, you can almost forget about VPNs. It’s the most reliable Smart DNS service that guarantees the bypassing of geo-restrictions from anywhere around the world. So if you’re looking for a Smart DNS that will help you get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand, look no further than Unlocator.
Get BBC iPlayer in New Zealand
Have you missed the latest episode of Doctor Who, because you were temporarily out of the UK? Feeling like you want to catch up with the funniest bits from The Graham Norton show? Then you have no choice but to unblock BBC iPlayer. Whether you’re in New Zealand or the US, you can access BBC iPlayer wherever you are as long as you use a VPN or Smart DNS proxy. Let us know in the comment section below which method have you selected to get BBC iPlayer unblocked for you.