How to watch Hulu in South Africa? This is a streaming service South Africans need to take people’s minds off their everyday struggles. Whether it was extreme cases of poverty or criminal actions south Africans can’t seem to catch a break throughout their days. Having a TV can serve as a good distraction and a form of entertainment that could draw a smile on their faces. And there is no better service for that job than Hulu. When it comes to keeping up with the latest episodes of current on the air TV series or shows, Hulu is the best.
How to watch Hulu in South Africa
Is Hulu Available in South Africa?
You don’t have to be a South African to want to unblock Hulu. You could be an American expat or a temporary resident in South Africa who doesn’t want to miss an episode of his/her favorite show. Because Hulu is geo-blocked outside the US, Internet users in South Africa will have to use a VPN to access it. The VPN will allow them to bypass the geo-restrictions imposed on Hulu and stream it on devices like PC, Roku, FireStick, PS4, Xbox One, Apple TV, Mac, Android, and iOS operating systems.
How to Watch Hulu in South Africa Using a VPN
Hulu can track your IP address, so when they detect an attempt of access coming from South Africa, they will deny your access and just won’t let you connect. If the problem lies within the IP address itself, why not change it? It’s the easiest thing ever with the installment of a VPN service provider. The trick is to make Hulu believe that you are in the US instead of South Africa, and a VPN can make that happen. Upon connecting to one of its many servers, your IP will automatically change and be replaced by that of the server (in the country you chose). After getting a new IP address, you become eligible to access the content of the country you previously selected. So here’s how you can watch Hulu in South Africa Using a VPN:
- First, sign up with a reliable VPN service provider.
- Then, download and install the VPN application to your streaming device.
- Now, connect to an American VPN server after launching the app.
- You will be granted an American IP address.
- Finally, launch the Hulu application.
- Watch Hulu outside the USA anytime, anyplace.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy VPN service provider, look no further than ExpressVPN. It is by far the best VPN service for unblocking geo-restricted sites and streaming content online. You can check out other VPN service providers in the table below along with this best VPN for Hulu article.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Watch Hulu in South Africa Using a Smart DNS Proxy
Another way to watch Hulu outside the US and in South Africa is through a Smart DNS proxy. Now, this technology operates a bit differently than a VPN. Unlike a VPN it does not encrypt your data, therefore, it’s not the best option for security fanatics. But just like a VPN, a smart DNS helps you access geo-restricted websites like the popular Hulu, BBC iPlayer, BeInSports and many more by rerouting the traffic required to determine your geolocation. This is how you get to access these websites from anywhere, including South Africa.
- Firstly, subscribe to Unlocator then sign up for its free 7-day trial.
- Use these videos/setup tutorials for guidance.
- Now, visit Hulu’s website or application whichever you like.
- All of Hulu’s content is now made available for your usage.
Unlocator is the one and only Smart DNS proxy that can guarantee you successful unblocking activities. This means you will be able to watch Hulu anywhere outside the US. Unlocator’s 7-day free trial is useful considering you have more time on your hands to think about whether or not you want to subscribe to its services.
Watch Hulu in South Africa
Hulu is this close to becoming the best way to watch TV online, and it’ll be a total shame if not all people got to use that streaming service. South African users or American expats can access Hulu where they are by overcoming geo-restrictions by using either a VPN or Smart DNS. Truthfully, if it weren’t for VPNs or proxies, who knows what kind of content we would be stuck watching.