The Swiss Indoors 2019 tennis tournament will take place between the 19th and 27th of October. The 49th edition of the event and part of the 500 series of the 2019 ATP World Tour will take place at the St. Jakobshalle in Basel, Switzerland. Several tennis superstars took part in this tournament over the years, including defending champion Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and Juan Martín del Potro. This year, I’m putting my money on Rafa, that’s if he participates. After the recent injuries that have plagued him, it seems that the Spaniard is picking his battles. Therefore, it might be wise to skip the upcoming Swiss Indoors to focus on more important tournaments. Nonetheless, this is still a highly anticipated event, so if you want to stream it online, here’s what you have to do.
How to Watch Swiss Indoors 2019 Live Stream
Swiss Indoors 2019 Streaming Channels
Here are the official broadcasting partners of ATP tennis tournaments from around the world.
However, these channels are all unavailable outside their respective regions due to copyright issues. That is why you’ll need a VPN to unblock them.
How to Watch Swiss Indoors 2019 Live Online with VPN
There are several streaming services that will broadcast the Swiss Indoors 2019. But unfortunately, they are all geo-blocked outside their designated regions. That means you won’t be able to watch live sporting events on those channels if you’re currently traveling abroad.
However, you can avoid these online restrictions by using a virtual private network (VPN). This tool can spoof your online location and unblock your favorite sports channels overseas. How?
VPNs reroute your internet traffic through their network of secure servers. All you have to do is select which server you want, and your provider will send your connection through it. This process will encrypt your traffic and give you a new IP address to ensure total privacy and anonymity. It will also allow you to access geo-specific websites that are inaccessible without a VPN.
Therefore, if you wish to watch Swiss Indoors on ESPN, you have to connect to an American server. But if you prefer Sky Go, then you need a server from the UK. But to do that, you have to install a VPN on your device first.
How to Install a VPN – the Steps
Setting up a VPN on your device is one of the easiest things in the world. All you have to do is:
- Since VPNs were developed as cybersecurity tools, you have to select one that has excellent security features. Oh! And a large server network wouldn’t hurt either. If you want my advice, use ExpressVPN.
- After you register, go to your app store to download the application and install it on your device. VPNs are compatible with the majority of smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Now that you have the VPN app on your device, open it and log in to your account.
- Connect to any server you’d like depending on your favorite channel. Choose the US for ESPN, the UK for Sky Go or Now TV, etc…
- Head over to your preferred streaming service. Notice how the location error message has disappeared.
- Watch the Swiss Indoors 2019 from anywhere in the world.
Best VPNs to Bypass Geo-blocks
With so many streaming channels broadcasting the Swiss Indoors tournament, you need a VPN service that can access all of them. In other words, you need a provider with a vast server network like the one I’m using right now, ExpressVPN.
This brand has more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including the US, the UK, Egypt, South Africa, and Switzerland. It has a presence in every corner of the world. As for security and privacy, it uses the military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol, and provides a kill switch and DNS leak protection for extra safety. The company is all about respecting your privacy as it never keeps or shares your online activity.
And to top it all off, it offers a 30-day refund policy upon registration, which means you have one month to try it out. And if you end up dissatisfied, get your money back in full, no questions asked.
But since there are other premium providers out there, feel free to check out some alternatives to help you make up your mind.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
How to Stream Swiss Indoors 2019 Live with Smart DNS Proxies
VPNs may be the best way to bypass geo-restrictions, but they certainly do make plenty of alterations to your internet connection. If you prefer something with minimal effect, then you’re better off using a Smart DNS proxy.
This tool doesn’t even reroute your entire connection. Instead, it only redirects the location-part of your traffic, which tricks channels to unblock their content.
That’s basically it, to be honest. Don’t expect any encryptions or hidden IP addresses.
However, be wary of DNS hijacking and Transparent Proxies because Smart DNS proxies won’t work if your ISP uses these systems.
To set up a Smart DNS proxy service on your device, simply follow these steps:
- Sign up with a top service like Unlocator that offers a free 7-day trial period.
- Make sure that your Smart DNS supports the channel you want to watch. Unlocator has a list of over 200 supported channels, including ESPN, SuperSport, beIN Sports, Now TV, Fox Sports, and more.
- You can set up Smart DNS on every device or platform, even the ones that aren’t VPN-compatible like routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles. But you’ll have to do it manually because proxies don’t have dedicated apps. But don’t worry, you’ll find plenty of guides and manuals to help you on your provider’s website.
- Enjoy the Swiss Indoors 2019 no matter where you are.
How to Watch Swiss Indoors 2019 Live Online – Wrap Up
Swiss tennis legend Roger Federer won back-to-back Swiss Indoors championships in 2017 and 2018. Will he be able to defend his title for a third successive time? The numbers and stats are certainly in his favor. After once serving as a ball boy at the Swiss Indoors Basel, he has now become the tournament’s most successful player. He holds the record for most singles titles (9), most appearances in singles finals (14), and most consecutive singles finals (10). There’s no question about it, in his hometown, few can defeat Federer.
On which channel will you be watching the Swiss Indoors 2019? Let us know in the comment section below.