NHL.TV blackouts (Previously NHL GameCenter Live) suck
for all games “especially playoffs !”
Basically, the NHL GameCenter Blackout
is when you are trying to watch an NHL game in a region or city where a local TV provider already has the broadcasting rights. To quote NHL themselves “blackouts remain in effect for 48-hours on all games for teams in your local market and those games that were nationally televised
” For a fix, see the below to unblock NHL.TV blackouts
NOTE: The fix below also helps Canadian users to bypass the online restriction imposed where you can only signup for Rogers Gamecenter. Using this you will get the original NHL.TV and not some Rogers limited version.
Note 2: If you don’t want to read the below, simply get ExpressVPN. End of story, that should fix it.
Bypass NHL.TV Blackouts – Unblock with VPN or DNS Proxy?
NHL.TV Blackout Bypass Unblock – VPN or DNS Proxy? – Register First
If you already have an NHL.TV subscription and you are facing game center blackouts on your favorite hockey games jump to the next paragraphs, please. If you do NOT have an NHL.TV subscription yet, you need to get one. Depending on your location and whether NHL.TV is supported in your country of residence you might not be able to register for NHL.TV. If that is the case, please do see the below and use either VPN or the Smart DNS proxy solution to register. You can either use your Apple ID to signup through your Apple device or register here. One thing to note is that Blackouts also occur within the same country, I.e. if you are in the US and your favorite team is playing it might well be that your NHL game will be blacked out. The supported devices for NHL.TV are: Android, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, PlayStation, Roku, Xbox, Sony devices. All of these devices can be supported using the solutions below. It really depends on your setup though.
NHL.TV Blackout Bypass Unblock – Use VPN
The idea of VPN or Virtual Private Network is that it allows you to tunnel your traffic encrypted to a remote server in another country. This allows you to watch Netflix USA or UK or sites in any other country the VPN server is located in. To Unblock NHL.TV blackouts you need to choose a VPN server in a country where the hockey game you want to watch is not broadcasted on TV. Countries like Brazil and Mexico work fine. You have to use a VPN service that does have those locations. ExpressVPN is the one I use because it has servers in almost every part of the world including Brazil and Mexico. You can manipulate your IP address using VPN and thus bypass NHL blackout restrictions by following these steps:
- First, sign up with a VPN provider. Make sure that that provider actually has several servers in the USA as well as abroad. You can jump over to ExpressVPN, for instance.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN application. PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices are all supported.
- Launch the app and connect to an American VPN server in a state where the game you want to watch is available. You can also connect to a VPN server outside the USA.
- The last step is to head over to NHL.tv or use their native apps.
- Stream any NBA game you want black-out free.
There are other VPN services that allow you to bypass NHL.TV Blackouts.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Unblock NHL.TV Blackout – Use Smart DNS Proxy
Unlocator is the Smart DNS proxy service I personally use. NOT all Smart DNS proxy services to provide unblock services, so make sure NHL.TV blackout unblocking is supported if you choose another service. A good Smart DNS proxy does not affect all your traffic, it only redirects the relevant portions of your traffic. Please see the below for more info on Smart DNS proxies :
- Your traffic is not actually hidden or encrypted, in return, however, your local services and channels won’t be affected
- ALL your devices are supported, all you need to do is change the DNS server on the devices you want to support or configure your router with the Smart DNS IP addresses to set up all devices in your network.
- If your ISP redirects your DNS traffic a.k.a. DNS hijacking or Transparent proxies you need to use VPN.
- Setup is easy, it takes minutes to get up and running.
NHL.TV Blackout Unblocked – Enjoy the action!
I hope either VPN or a Smart DNS Proxy did unblock NHL.TV blackouts for your and you are able to enjoy your favorite NHL Hockey games now without any regional or location restrictions. If it is Xbox, PS, Android iPhone, Ipad or your Apple TV please comment on the results!