What is the best VPN for Android TV Box in 2018. An Android TV box allows a user to enjoy such a wide array of content, from a good selection of channels that most other devices cannot provide. Adding a VPN connection on top of this allows one to add a significant layer of security that does well to protect your privacy, by hiding your activities online. You will also get to bypass geo-restrictions and unblock Google Play apps that would normally not be available in your region. A problem might come up especially when deciding on which service to subscribe to, but first, let’s dive deeper into what a VPN service is all about.
Best VPN for Android TV Box
Best VPN for Android TV Box – Summary
Here is a list of the best VPNs you can use on your Android TV Box.
The Best VPN for an Android TV Box
Choosing the right VPN service for your Android TV Box should allow you to have unlimited bandwidth for your surfing, as well as prevent any level of throttling that might be imposed by your ISP. This is key because most boxes would be used to stream videos online.
A quality provider should also have many servers scattered around the world. If they don’t keep logs of a user’s activity, that would be an added advantage.
IPVanish is known to rank among the top service provider in the market, and it works really well with an Android TV box set. You’ll also be able to use it with devices such as a smartphone, or your Windows computer.
How to Install VPN on Android TV Box
In order to setup VPN on your Android TV Box, you’ll have to sign up with IPVanish and get both your username and password. Once that is done, here are the steps you should follow:
- Launch Google Play Store on your Android TV Box.
- Search for IPVanish.
- Once you’ve found it, choose to Install.
- Now you’ll be able to find it in the Apps section of your box.
- Open up IPVanish, then open up the options by clicking the bars at the top left.
- Select Login.
- Type in your credentials, then sign in.
- You’ll see a list of servers you can choose from.
- Choose the best one for you.
- Click it, and the app will launch a connection to the server.
- A pop up will appear, confirming your connection.
- Now you can stream your shows under the connection.
A Virtual Private Network is a simple tool that allows one to hide their location, and encrypt their data while online. This is done through the connection between your online devices and a secure server, which is meant to handle all of your online activity.
An Android TV box, for example, will connect to a VPN server, which will then act as a tunnel through which all your data will flow through. The connection is encrypted, meaning nobody will be able to see, copy or manipulate your data.
VPN servers can be found anywhere in the world. This allows a person in the UK for example, to connect to a VPN server in Detroit, and all his online activity will flow through the Detroit server. His IP address will be changed, allowing him to seem as though he’s in the UK.
How to Check If VPN is Working on Android TV Box?
Here’s what you need to do in order to see if VPN is hiding your IP address on Kodi TV Box or not.
- Launch the web browser on your Android Box and head over to http://whatismyip.network/
- Then, note down the IP address you get.
- Next, launch the VPN app and connect to a VPN server.
- Once done, head back to http://whatismyip.network/ again and check the IP address you get.
- If it’s a new one, your VPN is working as it should.
Best VPN for Android TV Box Summary
A VPN connection is one sure way to protect your location. You also get to use it with Kodi, or when on the go with your smartphone. There are a number of options available that are affordable and offer a high level of security. Most devices can do well with such a connection, and this includes computers running on various operating systems. IPVanish is considered for the Android TV community since they have unlimited bandwidth, and also no form of throttling when you’re streaming your videos.
Best VPN for Android TV
Description: Not all VPN apps are compatible with Android TV Boxes. IPVanish's application, however, worked flawlessly when we tested it on our Android TV.
Access Geoblocked Content