Learn how to install American apps on your iPhone/iPad by changing your iTunes/App Store region to USA without a credit card.
How to Change iTunes App Store Region to US on iPhone, iPad, or Mac without credit card
The apps you’re able to download and install via Apple Store on your iPad, iPhone, or Mac are dictated by your iTunes region.
In order to download American apps such as Netflix, HBO, Hulu, or Showtime on your Apple device, you need to switch to the US iTunes region.
These channels are geo-blocked outside the US. To unblock and watch American channels/apps on iPad or iPhone, use Smart DNS proxy or VPN.
How to Change iTunes Region/App Store on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
To switch your iTunes region to the US without using an American credit card, you have to create an American Apple ID. Follow these steps:
If you happen to have an iPhone or an iPad, changing your region to the US would be a simple task. Here’s what you need to do:
- On your device, open Settings and click on “Media & Purchases.”
- Select View Account.
- Next, select Country/Region.
- Click on Change Your Country or Region.
- Choose the United States from the list.
- Read the Terms and Conditions very well then select Agree.
- Finally, fill in the required information.
- Your iTunes account is US-based now.
As for those who are operating macOS, the following is required:
- Launch App Store.
- Select your account located on the bottom left of the page.
- Next, choose “View Information.”
- Now, tap on Change Country or Region.
- Select Change Country or Region, then choose the United States.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. Read them well before you do.
- Payment options will pop up. Don’t be alarmed, just select None.
- Submit the required info and click “Continue.”
- You’ve successfully changed your iTunes region to the US.
US Apps on iPad/iPhone – How to Unblock and Watch via VPN
Now that you’re able to download and install any American app you want on your Apple device, it’s time to unblock and watch these apps.
To do so, you need to change your geo-location to the US. Using VPN, you can acquire an American IP address outside the USA.
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider.
- Second, download and install the VPN app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, connect to an American VPN server.
- Now you’ll be able to unblock and watch all US apps on your iPhone/iPad. Watch Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, Vudu, HBO GO, HBO Now, Showtime, Sling TV, and many more outside US.
I’ve tested several VPN providers. Below are the ones that can help you unblock and watch American channels on iPhone/iPad devices.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
American Channels on iPad/iPhone – Unblock using Smart DNS
If you wish to keep your local IP address and watch geo-blocked channels on your iPhone or iPad at the same time, then use Smart DNS.
Smart DNS unblocks US apps on your Apple device without the need to connect to a remote VPN server. All you have to do is switch your DNS addresses on your iPhone/iPad.
- Sign up with Unlocator for free.
- Get Unlocator DNS and configure them on your iPhone or iPad.
- Unblock and watch American channels outside the US on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Unlocator allows you to unblock about 213 different streaming channels from the US and other countries. Take a look at Unlocator’s setup guides for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
US Apps on iPad or iPhone – Change iTunes App Store Region to USA
So, in short, you need to follow two steps. First, change your iTunes region and access the American store. Second, use VPN or Smart DNS proxy to unblock and watch American channels on iPhone or iPad outside USA.