Learn how to install American apps on your iPhone/iPad by changing your iTunes/App Store region to USA without a credit card. The apps you’re able to download and install via Apple Store on your iPad, iPhone, or Mac are dictated by your iTunes region. In order to download American apps such as Netflix, HBO, Hulu, or Showtime on your Apple device, you need to switch to the US iTunes region. These channels are geoblocked outside US. To unblock and watch American channels/apps on iPad or iPhone, use Smart DNS proxy or VPN.
How to Change iTunes App Store Region to US on iPhone, iPad, or Mac without credit card
How to Change iTunes Region/App Store on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
To switch your iTunes region to US without using an American credit card, you have to create an American Apple ID. Follow these steps.
On your PC/Mac:
- In iTunes, log out of your account.
- At the bottom of the iTune Store, change your region to US.
- Go find any free app.
- Click ‘Get’
- It will then ask you to create an account and will now offer the ‘no card’ option. You’ll create a new user name and password for this ‘new account’
- Enter an address that’s local to that region while selecting no card.
- From your iPhone or iPad, log out of your iTunes account from within your settings.
- Login with new account.
- You have successfully changed your iTunes region to US.
US Apps on iPad/iPhone – How to Unblock and Watch via VPN
Now that you’re able to download and install any American app you want on your Apple device, it’s time to unblock and watch these apps. To do so, you need to change your geo-location to US. Using VPN, you can acquire an American IP address outside USA.
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider.
- Second, download and install the VPN app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, connect to an American VPN server.
- Now you’ll be able to unblock and watch all US apps on your iPhone/iPad. Watch Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, Vudu, HBO GO, HBO Now, Showtime, Sling TV, and many more outside US.
I’ve tested several VPN providers. Below are the ones that can help you unblock and watch American channels on iPhone/iPad devices.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
American Channels on iPad/iPhone – Unblock using Smart DNS
If you wish to keep you local IP address and watch geoblocked channels on your iPhone or iPad at the same time, then use Smart DNS. Smart DNS unblocks US apps on your Apple device without the need to connect to a remote VPN server. All you have to do is switch your DNS addresses on your iPhone/iPad.
- Sign up with Unlocator for free.
- Get Unlocator DNS and configure them on your iPhone or iPad.
- Unblock and watch American channels outside US on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Unlocator allows you to unblock about 213 different streaming channels from the US and other countries. Take a look at Unlocator’s setup guides for iPhone, iPad , and Mac.
US Apps on iPad or iPhone – Change iTunes App Store Region to USA
So, in short, you need to follow two steps. First, change your iTunes region and access the American store. Second, use VPN or Smart DNS proxy to unblock and watch American channels on iPhone or iPad outside USA.