Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services in the USA. But, what if you want to watch Hulu from abroad on your Nintendo Switch? Well, then this article is just what you need to read.
How to Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch outside USA
How to Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch outside USA Using a VPN
It’s unfortunate that Nintendo Switch doesn’t natively support a VPN. Having one is important because it’s the only way you’ll be able to stream Hulu outside the US. A VPN encrypts all the Internet traffic between your computer and the VPN server thus preventing anyone on your local network from monitoring or modifying your traffic. Beyond the VPN server, your traffic mixes with traffic from other people on the VPN and the rest of the Internet.
This makes your traffic traceable only to the VPN server, not to your home, office, or computer. While the extra steps and encryption layers slow down any Internet connection, the best VPN providers have connections that are speedy enough to keep browsing and online services quick. Security is not the only good thing you benefit from a VPN, unblocking geo-restrictions is also an advantage. Have a look at all the other benefits that come along with installing a VPN on your Nintendo Switch.
- Access overseas material: You can unblock and access worldwide content regardless of the country you are in.
- Absolute security: The fact that a VPN creates a private digital through which users’ can access the internet grants them ultimate security.
- Preventing Surveillance: The tunnel is so private that not even Internet Service Providers can access their content.
- Save money: You can save up on a lot of money while shopping online. That is only true if you appear to be using an IP address of a country where your stuff can be found.
- Increases your connection speed: With the help of a VPN, your ISP will no longer throttle your connection.
- Hidden Identity: Connecting to a VPN has its advantages, and gaining online anonymity is one of them.
As far as trustworthy VPNs go, ExpressVPN is the best one on the market. This VPN is well-known and trusted in the VPN industry. It has this incredible ability to unlock online content. Just like the other VPN providers, ExpressVPN hides your IP address and allows you to surf the web anonymously. Your internet traffic is also encrypted which keeps your personal information secure. Have a look at our top recommended VPNs for Nintendo Switch.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Hulu on Nintendo with a VPN
When released, Nintendo Switch was strictly limited to gaming. However, Youtube and Hulu are now available for streaming on the gaming platform. Unfortunately, the likes of Hulu are only available in the United States. But, with a VPN on your Nintendo Switch, that will no longer be a problem. What you need to do is connect to a server based in the region where Hulu is available. Once you connect to a US server, you’ll receive an American IP address and gain access to the streaming service regardless of your geo-location.
Hulu on Nintendo Switch- Final Thoughts
First and foremost, if you’re not in the US, and you want to watch Hulu abroad, you’ll need a VPN. These providers are great tools that will spoof your location, while also taking care to protect your data with the help of encryption. Now, if you want to stream Hulu on your Nintendo, you’ll have to install a VPN to bypass the geo-restrictions imposed. What’s great about this is that you can channel your Switch’s screen to a larger TV for better viewing. Let us know how that experience went for you.