For most people, the idea of changing IP addresses sounds complicated, when it’s really quite the opposite. You don’t have to be a tech genius to get a new IP, you just need a good VPN service provider with reliable servers. And if you’re thinking of getting a new, we suggest that you get a New Zealand one. A New Zealand IP is mostly needed by Australian residents traveling abroad and by obsessed online gamers wanting early access to games. Whether you’re on a business trip or extended vacation, and you want to access NZ content from back home, make use of a VPN and change your IP. Here’s how you get that done.
How to Get a New Zealand IP Address Outside NewZealand
If you are outside of New Zealand, but still want to access sites that are not available from within the country, then a New Zealand IP address allows you to unlock easily all sites that are regionally restricted. A VPN, virtual private network, creates a digital tunnel through which your device accesses the Internet. It connects your device to one of its servers in countries all over the world and ensures safe passage for your data across the networks. Your connection gets rerouted through a designated server in the country of your choice. This will enable you to access all the content of that country’s server even if you weren’t physically present there. Here’s how you can use a VPN to get a New Zealand IP address abroad:
- Sign up with a VPN service provider that has VPN server in Portugal, best of which is ExpressVPN.
- Next, download and install your VPN app on your PC, Mac, Android or iOS device.
- Launch the application and sign in.
- Select a NZ server and connect to it.
- Wait a couple of seconds until the VPN connection is secured.
- Check your IP address via a website like WhatIsMyIP.network to make sure of the change.
- Now you can surf the Internet with your NZ IP address as if you are located in New Zealand.
ExpressVPN provides unlimited traffic, fast connection speed, and a reliable VPN service. If you are security conscious, then ExpressVPN is for you. With this service provider, you can easily replace your IP address with a New Zealand one wherever you are in the world. Make sure you check out other top VPN service providers for New Zealand in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Why Need an NZ IP Address?
Getting a New Zealand IP address is necessary for Internet users who want to have a New Zealand geolocation. Because unless they are in someway located in NZ, they won’t be able to access New Zealand based content. However, with a New Zealand IP address, you find yourself as a New Zealand Internet user with the same rights and Internet privileges as a local resident of New Zealand. Let’s take a look at the reasons that drive internet users to get an NZ IP address abroad:
- Visit New Zealand based websites and content.
- Maintain and manage businesses from abroad.
- Unblock New Zealand TV channels such as Sky NZ and TVNZ.
- Benefit from best cross-border shopping deals.
- Improve your security with a foreign IP (NZ IP address).
- Gain online anonymity for obtaining a new IP.
- Unlock video games in advance: Since New Zealand has a time zone ahead, New Zealand players can play the game 2 up to 24 hours in advance. To unlock video games several hours in advance, it is necessary to have a New Zealand IP address to become a virtual New Zealander in the game.
Get an NZ IP Address Abroad
Replacing your IP is an easy procedure that is cost effective and easy to manage. All it requires is a VPN subscription, and then you’ll be able to surf the web as an NZ local. With a New Zealand IP address, you can navigate freely and securely on the web in New Zealand and unlock video games in advance. Out of all the IP addresses you can obtain, the NZ IP is sure one you wouldn’t say no to having.