The 2021 IndyCar season is set to start on April 18th and end on September 26th, 2021 at Birmingham, Alabama. Given IndyCar’s growing popularity around the world, many streaming channels will broadcast all the races around the world. However, regardless of how excited fans are for the 26th championship season, the broadcasting partners are restricted to specific regions, meaning that not everyone gets to join in on the action. Well, that’s in the past as in this guide, we’ll give you everything you need to watch the 2021 IndyCar Series anywhere. Here we go.
How to Watch IndyCar 2021 Live Online
IndyCar 2021 Streaming Channels
The IndyCar season is one of the most events everyone waits for around the world. In fact, back in 2020, the season’s first race attracted more than 1.285 million viewers in the United States only. Those are the ones who watched it on NBC Sports – imagine the global viewership rating.
A host of streaming channels are taking on the role of the official broadcasters of the 2021 IndyCar series. However, you must know that each and every one of them is restricted to its respective country.
You see, streaming services examine your IP address to determine your location. These channels have rights in specific regions, which means that if you’re not located within its area of coverage, it’ll know that and block you almost instantly.
However, that’s a problem we’ll be solving later in this guide. For now, here are the official IndyCar series broadcasters:
Now that we’re addressed the issue you’ll be facing as you try to stream the IndyCar Series, the next part will fix everything.
How to Watch IndyCar 2021 Live with VPN
If you try watching IndyCar 2021 on any of the American channels listed above while abroad, you will be presented with a geo-error that states that the channel is not available in your region.
So, how are American ex-pats in Australia, Ireland, Canada, or the UK supposed to watch the 2021 IndyCar season live online? Well, all you have to do is trick US IndyCar streaming channels into thinking you are located in the USA.
One way of doing so is by using a VPN. A virtual private network basically allows you to get an American IP address which then enables you to unblock any US streaming channels regardless of where you currently live. Follow these steps to unblock IndyCar channels outside the US.
- First of all, sign up with a VPN service. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the United States.
- You now appear to be browsing the web using an American IP address.
- This approach allows you to unblock all US channels anywhere overseas including ESPN, NBCSN, and Sling TV.
While I do recommend using ExpressVPN to unblock American channels outside the USA, mainly due to their 30-day refund guarantee, you can also use other VPN services to watch the 2021 IndyCar season live online.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Stream IndyCar 2021 Free Live Online with Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is another method you can use to bypass regional restrictions and unblock channels that are not available in your country. You do not get a new IP address in this case. Your traffic is only partially redirected and the channels you get to unblock solely depend on which Smart DNS proxy service you are using.
Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to unblock IndyCar streaming channels overseas and subsequently stream IndyCar 2021 live online anywhere in the world.
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Afterward, follow these videos/setup tutorials to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Finally, go to the FuboTV website and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Watch 2021 IndyCar live online.
We gave you Unlocator as an example because they’re the only ones among all the VPN providers in the table above with a 7-day trial. Whether it’s ExpressVPN or BulletVPN, both of them offer a free Smart DNS feature. So, whatever your choice is, you’re unblocking the channel you want.
IndyCar 2021 Schedule
The epic race series is kicking off on April 18th, 2021. A lot of races have been postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but now, we have a full schedule to check heading to the event itself.
This year, the Iowa Speedway will not return from the 2020 IndyCar Series calendar, but the other tracks that weren’t able to host races in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic returned to the calendar. There are exceptions of course in the form of the Circuit of the Americas and Richmond Raceway.
With that said, here’s the full schedule of the 2021 IndyCar tournament:
- April 18th: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama – Barber Motorsports Park
- April 25th: Grand Prix of St. Petersburg – Streets Of St. Petersburg
- May 1st: Grand Prix of Texas – Race 1 Texas Motor Speedway
- May 2nd: Grand Prix of Texas – Race 2 Texas Motor Speedway
- May 15th: Grand Prix of Indianapolis – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- May 30th: Indianapolis 500 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- June 12th: Grand Prix of Belle Isle – Race 1 Detroit Street Circuit
- June 13th: Grand Prix of Belle Isle – Race 2 Detroit Street Circuit
- June 20th: Grand Prix of Road America – Road America
- July 4th: Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- July 11th: Grand Prix of Toronto – Streets Of Toronto
- August 8th: Grand Prix of Nashville – Nashville Superspeedway
- August 14th: Grand Prix of Indianapolis (Road Course) – Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
- August 21st: Grand Prix of Gateway – World Wide Technology Raceway At Gateway
- September 12th: Grand Prix of Portland – Portland International Raceway
- September 19th: Grand Prix of Laguna Seca – Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
- September 26th: Toyota Grand Prix at Long Beach – Streets Of Long Beach
How to Watch IndyCar 2021 outside the USA?
Hopefully, this guide has covered all aspects regarding how to stream the IndyCar 2021 series from anywhere in the world. Using ExpressVPN or Unlocator will allow you to bypass geographic restrictions imposed on all American sports channels overseas.