How to hide IP Address on Mac? Hiding your IP is always a great idea no matter what you’re doing it for. Whether it’s anonymity that you want or security that you seek, hiding your IP is the way to go. You cannot literally and completely wipe out your IP, otherwise, your computer (Mac) won’t be able to access any web pages. What you actually would be doing is replacing your IP by connecting to a different server. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself that hiding IP address on Mac is unnecessary, you’ll eventually find yourself facing a blockade that would make you change your mind. If you want to avoid geo-restrictions, gain online anonymity, and hide your location, read on to learn how to hide your Mac IP address.
How to hide IP address on Mac
Hide Your IP Address on Mac Using a VPN
There are times when your own IP address stands in the way of your online activities. The fact that the IP is connected to your location creates plenty of geo-related restrictions to the extent that you might feel it’s about time you hid your IP (Internet Protocol) address when using your Mac. Your IP address can reveal information about your location and ISP, al the more reason to hide it. To do so, you’ll need a VPN. A virtual service provider- once downloaded- is responsible for rerouting your connection through a server of your choice thus making it look like you are accessing the Internet from the place where that server is located. This is how you hide your IP on your Mac using a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Download and install your VPN app on your Mac.
- Launch the application and sign in.
- Select one of the VPN servers and connect to it.
- Check your IP address via a website like WhatIsMyIP.network to make sure a change has been made.
- You have officially hidden your IP address from ISPs and third parties.
Undoubtedly, this is one of the most popular VPNs in the world. ExpressVPN has servers in 87 countries and is excellent with unblocking geographically restricted content. they’re around whenever you need them to be. Just a live chat away. ExpressVPN supports protocols like L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN, and SSTP, which means security is handled using the best methods. Alternatively, Android users you want to hide their IP addresses can check out How to hide IP address on Android. Find out what’s the best VPN for Mac and browse the web anonymously and safely.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Why Hide IP Address on Mac?
We repeat you can’t indefinitely hide your IP on your Mac or any other device. Having one is how the networking equipment identifies you so that you can send and receive data over the network. What we’re trying to help you do is get yours changed through a VPN. After securing a VPN connection, you’ll be offered a wide range of servers (of different IP addresses) to choose from. Once you connect to that server, you’ll be provided with the country’s IP address (where the server you chose is located). And that is what we mean when we say hide IP. You temporarily get to use a different one to perform certain functions, some of which are:
- Safely store confidential information on your Android devices.
- Browse the web anonymously.
- Get Internet freedom.
- Hide your activity from your Internet Service Provider.
- Workaround any Internet access blocks by virtually changing location.
- Access geo-restricted sites and content.
- Hide your geographical location.
- Prevent Web tracking.
- Avoid digital footprint.
- Bypass any content filters, bans or blacklisting.
Hide IP Address on Mac
Borrow a different IP address, there’s no harm in it. If anything, it plays in your favor as it allows you to go anywhere online and stay undercover. The reasons why you might want to hide your IP address are numerous and very much convincing. All the benefits that accompany hiding your IP are too good to say no to. Mac users can capitalize on the IP masking opportunity if they subscribe to a VPN. After that, they’ll be able to visit any website, install any app, and watch any channel without limitations.