In the United Kingdom, Sky News is a highly popular news outlet. Kodi users who are into politics, economics, and sports events would appreciate having the Sky News Kodi addon on their devices. That’s why I prepared this whole guide, giving you a chance to learn how to set up Sky News on Kodi, so read on.
How to Install Sky News on Kodi?
Install Sky News on Kodi
You can find the Sky News plugin in the official Kodi repository. That means you do not need to add any third-party repositories to install it. Follow these steps.
- Access Kodi and then select ‘Addons.’
- Locate the “Package Installer Icon.”
- Then, click on the ‘Install from Repository’ icon.
- Now, choose the Kodi Add-on Repository.
- After that, click on ‘Video Addons.’
- Pick Sky News from the list and then click on ‘Install.’
- Wait a bit for the ‘Addon Enabled notification.’
- Head back to your Kodi home screen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> Sky News.
- Finally, you can now access Sky News on Kodi.
Keep in mind that most of the on-demand and live videos on Sky News are geo-restricted. That means that if you’re a British expat living abroad, you will need a VPN in order to unblock Sky News abroad.
Get More Content on Kodi with a VPN
Kodi addons like Sky News, BBC iPlayer, ITV, are geo-restricted and inaccessible outside their specific regions. This means that you can only access these add-ons if you are where these channels are. However, it’s more than possible to unblock the add-ons. But, you’ll have to spoof your online location to make that happen. Here are some of the features you get when using a VPN with Kodi.
Last Updated Yesterday
- Get past ISP Throttling: Normally, ISPs would throttle your connection. However, if you use a VPN, you wouldn’t have to worry about that.
- Gain access to Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: With a VPN, you get access to all sorts of geo-restricted Kodi add-ons.
- Utmost Privacy: The encryption layers secure users’ data, making it inaccessible to third parties.
- User-friendly VPN applications: These apps don’t necessitate a tech background. They are usually easy to use and highly compatible with many devices.
Personally, [affiliate_link_element] would be the most suitable VPN service to use with Kodi. Not only does the company operate a large server network, but also all of its servers are optimized to work better with Kodi add-ons. ExpressVPN has a zero-logs policy, which means users’ privacy is protected. You can check out the best Kodi VPNs in 2019 in the table below.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Install and Watch Sky News on Kodi – Wrap Up
Basically, this is all you need to figure out so you get the Sky News addon on Kodi. While it’s definitely one of the top news plugins for XBMC, it is not the only one. Take a look at the best news addons for Kodi here and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.