How to install VPN on Fire TV Cube? Amazon has just released its new Fire TV Cube, which is basically three devices in one. Amazon’s latest product has an Amazon Echo, an enhanced Fire TV, and a Universal IR Remote Controller. Welcome to the automatic life where you walk into your house, and the TV turns on upon your voice request. With Alexa built in the cube, you get to order it to perform certain functions with just your voice. The “TV Box” part of the device is actually a Fire TV (not FireTV Stick) with 16GB of internal storage, which makes the installation of software, apps and addons more accessible. However, the Fire TV Cube’s impressive features will go unnoticed without a VPN connection. Having a VPN installed on your Fire TV Cube is essential for a successful and fruitful streaming experience. This tutorial will show you how you can get a VPN on your Fire TV Cube.
How to install VPN on Fire TV Cube
HOW TO INSTALL VPN ON FIRE TV CUBE
ExpressVPN is one of the first VPN service providers for the Amazon Fire TV Cube. It’s user-friendly and has excellent speed performance even with hundreds of servers around the globe. It allows BitTorrenting and imposes no limits on bandwidth, which is very suitable for streaming content on the Fire TV Cube. The kind of flexibility the service provider offers makes you want to subscribe to it as soon as possible.
- First, head over to ExpressVPN and register your VPN account.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV Cube.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Choose the ExpressVPN app.
- In case you cannot find the ‘Utility’ section on your Fire TV Cube, simply use the search function and look for ExpressVPN on the Amazon Store instead.
- Next, Select the ‘Get’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign into the VPN app using your ExpressVPN Username and Password.
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
- Once the VPN connection has been established, simply click the home button on your Fire TV Cube remote control.
HOW TO INSTALL VPN ON FIRE TV CUBE WITH ES EXPLORER
Now just to be clear, all the VPN service providers work well with the Fire TV Cube, however, we highly recommend that you sign up with IPVansih for its superior features. Follow the instructions below to find out how to install a VPN on Amazon Fire TV Cube without root.
STEP 1: INSTALLING ES FILE EXPLORER ON FIRE TV STICK
- On your Fire TV, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire TV Cube main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’.
- Click on the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app.
STEP 2: INSTALL FIRE TV CUBE VPN VIA ES EXPLORER
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/ipvanish.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘IPVanish’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The IPVanish installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the IPVanish app file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your Amazon Fire TV Cube.
- Go back to your Fire TV Cube home screen.
- Launch the IPVanish app.
- Sign in and connect to a VPN server of your choice.
SETUP VPN ON AMAZON FIRE TV CUBE – ALTERNATIVE METHODS
If your current VPN provider does not have Fire TV applications, you can resort to two other Amazon Fire TV Cube VPN installation methods. But, keep in mind that these methods require extra time and effort.
BEST VPN FOR FIRE TV CUBE
With that many VPN service providers in the market offering great services, we’re here to help you make a choice. While these service providers might bear some similarities, each has its own distinctive features. After in-depth and rigorous research we’ve filtered the best VPN service providers for Fire TV Cube in a table which is provided for you below. Here’s our official list of the best VPN providers you can use on Fire TV Cube.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
BENEFITS OF USING VPN ON FIRE TV CUBE
Using a VPN (virtual private network) on your Fire TV Cube is a great idea that carries many benefits. There are many reasons why you would want to have a VPN installed on your Fire TV Cube some of which are:
- Prevent your ISP from spying on your browsing activity.
- Bypass geographic restrictions of inaccessible content.
- Stay out of legal trouble.
- Stream videos via Kodi anonymously
- Unblock channels like Hulu, HBO, BBC iPlayer, NBC Sports, etc.
HOW TO INSTALL VPN ON FIRE TV CUBE
Just think of all the channels you can unblock, the movies you can watch, and the torrenting you can get away with; all that can be provided once you are connected to a VPN. It doesn’t stop there, imagine having accessed the Netflix movie you’ve been dying to see and to top it all off, you use your voice to play it! Don’t put it off any longer, get a VPN as soon as possible so that you use up your Fire TV Cube to its full potential. Let us know in the comment section how helpful a VPN installation was on your Fire TV Cube.