If you know a little about VPN’s, you’re probably aware that there aren’t that many free VPN services that are worth trying out, since most of them are normally either incredibly slow or have too many ad blocks popping up every now and then. Windscribe, on the other hand, is one service that’s a cut above the rest. They deliver on their no ads promise, and despite the fact that their speed isn’t as fast as that of premium providers, it’s still something that most users can easily work with.
How To Install WindScribe on FireStick
That’s why many Kodi users are looking for ways to set up the Windscribe VPN app on their Amazon Fire Stick. A VPN can grant you access to a whole lot of otherwise restricted content in the form of websites, live channels and download sites. But is installing Windscribe on FireStick actually feasible?
Installing WindScribe on FireStick – Can It Be Done?
If it’s your first time hearing about WindScribe, then you’ll probably be skeptical about how well it can work with your Amazon Fire Stick. Well, the truth is, your Amazon Fire Stick actually has a few issues that many VPN service providers are not able to accommodate to.
The first one is, Amazon’s software doesn’t really allow users to change the viewing orientation, so you’ll have to contend with viewing in landscape.
Another issue is that anyone used to touchscreen operation might have to take a step back for a while since Amazon’s Fire Stick doesn’t allow for users to operate it like that.
Because of these two issues, many VPN apps are not compatible with Amazon Fire TV. This, unfortunately, does include Windscribe. The only realistic alternative is signing up with a VPN service provider that offers its users an app that works on Amazon Fire TV Stick. You’ll find the top ones in the list below.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How To Install VPN on FireStick
Although most VPN service providers don’t offer an Amazon Fire TV compatible VPN application, some of them do. ExpressVPN and BulletVPN are both prime examples.
Now, since I use ExpressVPN as my personal provider, the step-by-step process will be based on it. Here’s everything you need to do in order to get ExpressVPN on your Fire Stick:
- First, head over to ExpressVPN and register your VPN account.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
Go to Apps
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’. In case you cannot find the ‘Utility’ section on your FireStick, simply use the search function and look for ExpressVPN on the Amazon Store instead.
- Choose the ExpressVPN app.
- Next, select the ‘Download’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign in to the VPN app using your ExpressVPN Username and Password.
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
- Wait a few seconds for the connection to establish.
- You now have successfully installed and activated ExpressVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Installing WindScribe on FireStick – Conclusion
WindScribe is a little known VPN service provider that promises to deliver quality service, and a reliable VPN connection to all that choose to rely on it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t quite work on the Amazon Fire TV. If you want to unleash your FireStick’s full potential, sign up with ExpressVPN or BulletVPN. We’d appreciate it if you let us know what your experience with these services is like in the comment section below.