How to update Kodi 17 to Kodi 18 Leia? Out with Krypton, hello Leia. The Kodi 18 version has hit the download market. Several changes have been made and thanks for the Kodi developers, some of us got a small taste when a beta version was pre-released. However, the real deal is out now. So, here’s all you need to know about Kodi 18 and how to install it on any device.
How to Download and Install Kodi 18
Kodi 18 Leia Update – Content Index
How to Download and Install Kodi 18 Update?
Kodi can be found on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS, and other devices. Now time for the updating process. The steps are quite simple. To navigate you through it, here’s a step by step walkthrough.
- Visit the official Kodi download page.
- Choose the device you’re operating.
- You’ll notice a pop-up window, click ‘Recommended.
- Tap the blue button.
- Wait till the Kodi 18 file gets downloaded.
- Open the downloaded file and start installing.
Once you have setup Kodi 18 Leia on your streaming device, all you need to do is install some Kodi 18 Leia addons. Keep in mind that in case you already have a previous Kodi version installed, you need to follow the same process listed above to update it to Kodi 18. All the previous settings and addons you have added will be preserved.
How to Install Kodi 18 on FireStick
A great amount of multimedia content can be found on FireStick. However, there is some premium content that comes with some high price tags.
This is one of the biggest reasons why users install Kodi on Fire Stick. It is considered to be one of the top Amazon FireStick apps that opens a whole new world of free content.
As Kodi fans, you probably have it on your Fire Stick. Therefore, you can follow this guide on how to install Kodi Leia on FireStick.
Kodi 18 – What’s New
According to the official Kodi website, the new update contains the following fixes:
- Update documentation regarding Python and Skin develoment.
- Fix crash on certain music files that contain ID3v2 UFID frame.
- Solve none responsive when minimizing on Mac OSX.
- Fix path for looking up external subtitles.
- Resolve crashes by pressing ‘x’ to stop DVD .iso image when “Player Process Info” is displayed.
- Screenshot: simplify logic and bail out if no folder is set.
- Change resolution (if required) on application starts (fixes XBXO resolution issues).
- Android: Reset calibrations if GUI limit changes.
- Android: fix subtitle position problems.
- Fix resolution whitelist issues on Windows.
- Extend option to hide spoilers like text or images from the library view.
- Add support for new iOS devices.
Best VPN for Kodi 18 Leia
Many streaming websites will block your access based on your location. They can determine your whereabouts by taking a peek at your IP address. Therefore, the use of a VPN is pretty essential when you’re operating a Kodi. With a Virtual Private Network, you get to hide your current IP address and take on a new one based in the country where a certain channel has coverage rights.
Once connected to a server in that region, you’ll have full access to the streaming website regardless of where you might be. Not only that, but a VPN has other benefits to offer. Here are a few:
- Bypass Regional Restrictions: Kodi allows its users to install add-ons for streaming purposes. However, some of them might be restricted to their own region, which makes it impossible for outsiders to access. With a VPN, you’ll be able to get your hands on these add-ons and use them freely wherever you are.
- Avoid ISP Throttling: Your ISP has the ability to lower your connection speed. What people call “Throttling”, I like to call annoying, especially for a streamer. Nevertheless, with a VPN, you get to hide your identity and encrypt your traffic so that your ISP is blocked from any throttling attempt.
- Better Privacy and Security: A VPN elevates your security and privacy with the latest military-grade encryptions.
- VPN Apps: Reputable VPN providers offer applications that are user-friendly on major devices. You can find VPN clients on FireStick, Android, iOS, PC, and Mac.
I tired ExpressVPN myself. It is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. This VPN has servers all around the world, so you can guarantee the perfect streaming experience when you’re using it. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs below.
Last Updated Yesterday
Kodi 18 Download and Install Guide – Final Thoughts
Installing the new Kodi Leia has never been easier with this guide. All you have to do now is sit back and enjoy a plethora of amazing streaming content offered by Kodi wherever you are.