How to Set up Amazon FireStick for the First Time? The FireSticks are on fire! So you got your first Amazon FireStick, and you can’t wait to use it, but you just don’t know how. The next generation of best-selling streaming service is gaining increasing popularity among the cord-cutters and movie fanatics. Television services are putting the days of cable and satellite behind them as they welcome internet-based streaming formats with apps that are available for customers’ convenience. Other than having a substantial feel to it, the Amazon FireStick contains high-quality premium content. With a monthly subscription or membership, you are able to unlock thousands of movies and TV episodes on your FireStick. Follow the steps laid out for you below and enjoy tens of thousands of channels and apps with access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, NBC, HBO, Showtime and more. Find out to get your brand-new Amazon Fire Stick up and running in no time.
How to Set up Amazon Fire TV Stick for the First Time
What You’ll Need before Setting up your FireStick
- A Compatible TV: Setting up your FireStick necessitates an HDTV with an HDMI port.
- Internet Connection: You should connect your FireStick to a strong WiFi connection so that streaming videos is convenient.
- Amazon Account: You also need to register your Amazon Fire Stick to your Amazon account.
How to Set up FireStick for the First Time
What you’ll be working with:
- Power Adapter
- USB power cable
- Triple-A batteries
Steps to Setting up FireStick
Amazon FireSticks are easy to set up and even easier to use. Once you get the hang of it, using it becomes more pleasurable. For all of you first timers, this tutorial is for you.
- If you take a look at the side of your FireStick, you’ll notice a USB power port. Grab your USB power cable and plug it into that port. Then, plug the other end of the power cable to the power adapter.
- Next, plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
- Then, plug your FireStick into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Turn on your TV, and the FireStick logo will appear to load.
- Put the batteries in the remote, and it will automatically pair up with the Fire Stick.
- Now you have to connect your FireStick to the Internet.
- Finally, register your FireStick to your Amazon account.
- Play whatever movie or TV series that comes to your mind.
Notes: to avoid any inconvenience:
- If the remote doesn’t pair automatically, press and hold the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds. Your Fire Stick will be sent to Discovery Mode and the pairing will be done.
- Remember the HDMI Port number for when you are required to enter the corresponding HDMI input Channel on your TV.
- It’s advisable that you save WiFi password to Amazon during set up.
- Your Amazon Fire TV Stick will be pre-registered if you have gotten it from Amazon.
- You can always jailbreak your FireStick if you weren’t content with the content you were provided with.
- We advise you to use a VPN if you chose to download Kodi on your FireStick.
Setting up FireStick – Additional Tips and Tricks
Use a VPN with FireStick Now
Your FireStick contains all the streaming channels one can think of, unfortunately, you’re still going to need a VPN to access them. Most of the apps, channels, and services on a FireStick are restricted to specific countries like the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. If you want access to Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, Prime Video, AMC, HGTV, ESPN, and FOX, you will need to mask your IP address. Bypassing those geographic restrictions is what a VPN does, and the best one at it so happens to be EXpressVPN. Generally, a VPN provides you with a new IP address upon connecting to one of its servers in different countries. With an American IP address, for example, accessing Netflix USA becomes a piece of cake.
ExpressVPN has proved to be the best VPN service for FireStick for upgrading its features. This service provider now works on Amazon Fire TV Stick and Android TV, rendering it the most suitable VPN app for streaming media. You can also check out other VPN service provider in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Setup a FirseStick For the First Time
Your FireStick is your best chance at finding over 190 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video at the click of a button. These little FireSticks open up for you an ocean of multimedia content for minimal effort and promise you quality entertainment the way you like it. Setting the FireStick up is really a no-brainer. All you have to do is plug your FireStick into any TV’s HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi, and stream on.