How excited are you to see two title bouts take place at the State Farm Arena? Holloway and Poirier are set to face off for the second time during UFC 236 on April 13th. I’m streaming the event live on my Amazon Fire Stick. If that’s the case with you, this guide will show you exactly how to do so wherever you are.
How to Watch UFC 236 Live on FireStick or Kodi
Stream Holloway vs. Poirier 2 Live on Fire Stick
Using a Fire Stick can get you so much if you happen to be a constant streamer. MMA fans are no different here as Fire Stick offers the official app within its library of channels. However, there’s a problem that you need to keep a keen eye on – blackout restrictions. If you reside in a region where the application is being broadcasted on TV, your video will be blacked out on the spot. You’ll no that happened to you when you receive this message:
“Due to broadcast restrictions, this video is not available within a UFC Fight Pass subscription or as a Pay-Per-View in your region. Please check your local TV listing for viewing information. This event is currently blocked out in your region.”
Even if you reside in the United States, UFC Fight Pass will be blacked out due to ESPN+ taking over the broadcasting rights of UFC PPVs. In the UK, on the other hand, BT Sport have exclusive broadcasting rights. Therefore, you cannot watch UFC PPVs on a FireStick at all due to the lack of a BT Sport Fire TV Stick app.
Fortunately, you can work around such issues if you make use of a VPN. All you have to do is connect to a server where the fight is not being televised. That way, UFC Fight Pass won’t be susceptible to blackout restrictions and you can watch UFC 236 without a hitch.
A Virtual Private Network reroutes your data through one of its servers in a specific region of your choosing. This helps you spoof your online location and appear to be browsing elsewhere. As a result, you’ll be able to bypass UFC blackouts and watch UFC Fight Pass on Fire Stick regardless of where you might be.
A VPN does a lot more than just change your location. It’s the perfect companion to keep with you when you’re accessing the web, mainly because it offers the following features:
- VPN Clients: User-friendly platforms on all major operating systems including Amazon FireStick.
- Circumvent Geo-restrictions: FireStick has a plethora of channels available in certain regions across the globe. When you connect to the right server, you’ll be able to access them with a push of a button.
- Privacy: A VPN hides your IP address, which anonymizes your internet approach.
- Avoid ISP Throttling: Whevener you’re streaming, your ISP tends to slow down your connection. When you connect to a VPN, you’ll be able to bypass your ISP’s throttling and watch UFC 236 without buffering issues.
When it comes to choosing the right VPN for the process, ExpressVPN comes first to mind. Whatever you do, stay away from free VPNs as the sell your data to sister companies in exchange for revenues. How else do you think they cover the expenses of their servers? You become their main source of income. With that said, here are the top VPNs for FireStick.
Last Updated 2 Days Ago
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Watch UFC 236 Live on Kodi
If you happen to be a Kodi user, there’s also a way to stream UFC 236. A while ago, UFC Fight Pass was part of Kodi’s add-ons. To be honest, I expected its re-release when Kodi Leia came to life, but I was disappointed. Nonetheless, you can always count on DAZN to watch your favorite fights around the world.
DAZN has been dominating the sports industry for a while now. Well, it’s not called the “Netflix of Sports” for nothing. There are some steps you need to take before you can join the Octagon on April 13th. First, you need to install DAZN Kodi Add-on on your Kodi. But wait, DAZN works best when your platform is updated to the latest version. If you’re still on Krypton, follow this guide on how to update to Kodi 18: Leia.
Now, here’s how to get the DAZN add-on on Kodi:
- While using Kodi Leia, head over to Add-ons.
- Click on the addon icon in the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Repository’.
- Select Video Add-ons.
- Search for DAZN and hit Install.
- Wait for the ‘Addon enabled’ message.
- Go back to your Kodi home screen and click on Add-ons -> Video Add-ons.
- Choose DAZN and enjoy UFC 236 wherever you are.
DAZN is available in several countries around the world. However, UFC rights are only available in few countries. Therefore, you must use a VPN to alter your location and appear to be browsing in those regions. If you want more help, here are the top VPNs for Kodi.
UFC 236: Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
The card includes amazing fights including two title bouts. We were going to see Ferguson vs. Holloway instead, but Ferguson refused to participate for unknown reasons.
In their last encounter, Poirier won in the first round by submitting Holloway. What do you think Max has in mind for his rematch against Poirier? Is it kind of intimidating to face-off against someone who tapped you out in the past? Well, April 13th is among us, we just have to wait and see.
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov
- Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
- Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
How to Stream Holloway vs. Poirier on Fire Stick or Kodi Live – Summing Up
We’re getting a remake of the Heavy Hitters Finale when Salmon goes head to head with Khalid Taha on April 13th. Don’t forget, using a VPN is pretty essential if you want to watch UFC fights on Fire Stick or Kodi. So, make sure you invest in a credible VPN provider. That way, you won’t miss a UFC PPV event ever again.