How to stream Match of the Day in HD free live outside UK? MOTD is a BBC program that broadcast 2017/2018 Premier League highlights and analysis. The program is extremely popular in the United Kingdom. Due to geo-restrictions, however, BBC iPlayer is geoblocked outside UK. EPL fans who wish to watch MOTD abroad can bypass these geo-restrictions using either VPN or Smart DNS proxies. In the guide below, I will show you how to watch Match of the Day in USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, or anywhere else in the world. You can use the tutorial on your PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Apple TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Fire TV Stick, Smart TV, or Roku.
How to Watch Match of the Day Free Live outside UK?
How to Watch Match of the Day 2017 Free Live with VPN
If you try to watch live or catchup MOTD 2017 on BBC outside UK, you get one of the following geo-errors instead.
Free MOTD Stream Geoblocked outside UK
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
“BBC iPlayer programmes are available to play in the UK only.”
“This content is not available in your location. Please try again later.”
Follow these steps to watch Match of the Day 2017 anywhere in the world.
- Sign up with a reliable VPN service provider.
- Download and install the VPN application to your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to an UK VPN server.
- Finally, go to the BBC iPlayer website or launch the iPlayer application.
- Watch MOTD 2017 in USA, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else outside the UK.
BBC iPlayer’s Free Match of the Day 2017 Stream Unblocked with VPN
Due to the fact BBC started blacklisting VPN IP address in 2015, you might still receive that error message when you’re connected to a UK VPN server. This is why it’s crucial to sign up with a VPN service that actually still works with iPlayer. After trying various VPNs, I found out that ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use to bypass regional restrictions. This includes being able to stream BBC iPlayer outside the UK.
How to Stream MOTD 2017 Online using Smart DNS
Smart DNS is another method you can use to bypass regional restrictions and unblock channels that are not available in your country. You do not get a new IP address in this case. Your traffic is only partially redirected and the channels you get to unblock solely depend on which Smart DNS proxy service you are using. Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to unblock BBC overseas and subsequently stream Match of the Day 2017 free live online.
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Afterwards, follow these videos/setup tutorial to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Finally, go to the BBC website or launch the BBC IPlayer app.
- Watch MOTD free live online.
The reason why I have suggested using Unlocator in this case is because it’s the only Smart DNS proxy service that actually allowed me to watch BBC abroad. Their free 7-day trial means you have nothing to lose when trying their service.
BBC iPlayer Compatible Streaming Devices
You can get stream MOTD on BBC iPlayer overseas on the following devices.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Now TV
- Apple TV 4
How to Get the BBC iPlayer App Abroad?
Once you setup VPN or Smart DNS proxies on your streaming device, you can access the BBC iPlayer website as if you were in the United Kingdom. In case you prefer watching live or catch up TV on BBC iPlayer overseas on other devices, follow these instructions:
- Get BBC iPlayer App on Xbox One Abroad
- In order to install Hulu on your Xbox One, you have to change your gaming console’s region to UK first. Follow these instructions.
- Get iPlayer App on PS4/PS3 in USA, Canada, Australia
- To install UK apps on your Playstation console, you need to create an British PSN Account. Here’s how you can sign up for a UK Playstation Network account.
- How to Get BBC App on iPhone, iPad
- In order to be able to install UK app on iOS devices, you have to sign up for an British iTunes account first. Follow this guide to sign up for an UK Apple ID without the need for a credit card.
- How to install British apps on Apple TV
- As with iOS devices, you have to create a UK Apple ID account to access the British iTunes store on your Apple TV in USA or elsewhere abroad. Use these steps.
- How to Get iPlayer App on Roku
- Here’s how you can sign up for an UK Roku account and ultimately get British channels on your Roku streaming device.
- Get BBC iPlayer App on Android outside UK
- How to Install iPlayer on Samsung Smart TV
- Follow this guide to change your Samsung Smart TV region to USA. Afterwards, you can add US channels such as HBO GO, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and Hulu to your Smart TV Hub.
- Install BBC on Sony Smart TV outside UK
- Go through this guide to change your Sony Smart TV country to UK and install British apps on it outside US.
- Install BBC iPlayer app on Fire Stick
- In order to be able to add British apps to your Fire TV, you have to setup an UK Amazon account using a UK credit card and address. Once done, use that account to sign into your Fire TV Stick.
How to Watch Match of the Day in HD Free Live Online outside UK?
Instead of searching the web for free MOTD streams which are illegal, use ExpressVPN or Unlocator to get Match of the Day directly from BBC anywhere in the world. You will be able to stream Premier League highlights in HD.