Not being able to watch your favorite TV shows on Hulu while abroad is a bummer. As an American expat living in Germany, I found two methods that helped bypass geo-restrictions imposed on US channels overseas. Even while in Germany, you can still access Hulu if you make use of either a VPN or Smart DNS.
How to Get Hulu in Germany Using a VPN
Hulu is only made available in the United States. This means that you will not be able to access Hulu in Germany. Even with a valid Hulu subscription, you will still not be able to stream its content abroad. However, all it takes to access Hulu in Germany is pressing a button on a VPN app. A VPN is an advanced software that creates a digital tunnel between your device and one of its remote servers. By that, you are granted the IP address that belongs to the server in the country you want to be located in.
When attempting to watch Hulu in Germany, a VPN is exactly what is needed. Connecting to a VPN server in the US, makes Hulu see your device as being in the USA as opposed to wherever you truly are. After connecting to a server based in the US, you own an American IP address. Here’s how you get Hulu in Germany.
- First, sign up with a VPN provider.
- Then, download and install the VPN application.
- Go ahead and activate the application.
- Now, connect to an American VPN server.
- Finally, launch the Hulu application.
- Stream Hulu in Germany at any time.
Look no further than ExpressVPN for a reliable VPN service provider. It is the best VPN service for anonymously streaming content on Hulu in Germany. It offers a 30-day refund policy and provides 24/7 customer service. For other service providers, check out other VPN service providers in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Get Hulu in Hulu Using a Smart DNS
Alternatively, a different method of getting Hulu in Germany is by using a Smart DNS proxy. This is a technology that was developed as a result of the rise of geo-blocking practices. A Smart DNS proxy allows you to gain access to blocked material and websites through rerouting your geolocation traffic. This enables you to access websites, channels, and services from anywhere in the world, including Germany. Bear in mind that a Smart DNS does not change your IP address or encrypt your data. Here’s how you get Hulu in Germany using a Smart DNS proxy:
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Follow these videos/setup tutorials to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Go to Hulu’s website or application.
- Enjoy your unlimited access to all of Hulu’s content.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS that is compatible with all devices. The popular Smart DNS offers users a 7-day free trial, targetting hesitant users. The company prices its services reasonably to appeal to all users. Furthermore, this provider has the capability of unblocking more than 200 channels worldwide.
In order for you to fully enjoy a rich and entertaining online viewing experience in Germany, subscribe to either a VPN or Smart DNS and get yourself a completely unrestricted surfing experience with Hulu. With one of these providers, you won’t have to miss any of your favorite TV content ever again.