OnDemandKorea offers the latest Korean dramas, movies, and programs. It is one of the most popular services among Korean nationals living in the US. But unfortunately, the service is only available inside the United States, so those living or traveling abroad cannot access it. However, in this article, we will show you how you can bypass online restrictions using a VPN or Smart DNS to unblock OnDemandKorea.
How to Watch OnDemandKorea Outside the US
Why is OnDemandKorea Unavailable Outside the US?
OnDemandKorea is only available for viewers who reside in America. If you try to access it from abroad you’ll receive the following location error message: “This content is not available in your region.”
That’s because the service can identify your location through the IP address of your device. If you are outside its viewing zone, it will block you.
Therefore, you need to spoof your location if you want to unblock OnDemandKorea. And the only way to do that is via VPN or Smart DNS proxy.
How to Watch OnDemandKorea with VPN
A virtual private network (VPN) is a tool that can redirect your internet connection to a network of your choice. It uses software to hide your original IP address, then replaces it with another one from the region that you selected.
Simply put, the VPN enables you to connect to an American server and gives a new IP address from that country. This will trick OnDemandKorea to think that you are within its coverage reach and unblock its content.
To access the channel from abroad, simply follow the below steps:
- Sign up to a VPN provider. We recommend you use ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. You can also install it on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a US server.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Stream your favorite Korean programs from anywhere.
Best VPNs to Access OnDemandKorea
As I mentioned before, I strongly suggest you use ExpressVPN. I installed it on my devices and I always use it to bypass geo-blocks. The company allows three simultaneous connections using a single account. Yes, I know that other brands offer more in terms of number of devices. But few services provide the following features:
- Broad server network: You’ll find it very easy to unblock OnDemandKorea thanks to ExpressVPN’s large network of over 1,000 servers. These servers are located in 94 countries, including the US.
- High levels of speed: You can forget about buffering issues or loading errors because the company has one of the best speeds in the business.
- AES 256-bit encryption: This military-grade encryption guarantees that no one can monitor your traffic. So you can keep hackers, ISPs, and government agencies at bay.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not register any of your traffic or data. It says on its website: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user.”
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing and torrenting activity. Also, it protects you from legal action from copyright owners.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- High compatibility: You can install it on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS. It is also compatible with smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: You can demand a full refund if you’re not too happy with the services.
And if you’re not too impressed by ExpressVPN, you could choose one of the other elite brands from the following table:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Bypass Geo-blocks with Smart DNS Proxies
Another way to access OnDemandKorea is via Smart DNS proxies. These tools can bypass restrictions by rerouting the URLs that expose your location.
However, they are a bit more complicated to use. First, they require a little bit of configuration as there are no apps you can download. You have to follow setup guides to set it up.
Second, Smart DNS proxies don’t encrypt your traffic, which means that they won’t affect your internet speed. But unfortunately, they won’t provide any security features either.
Third, they don’t work if your ISP uses transparent proxies or applies DNS hijacking. Furthermore, they don’t conceal your IP address.
And last but not least, Smart DNS proxies have a list of channels they can unblock. Unlike with a VPN, you can’t connect to any server you’d like and unlock channels outside of that list.
But if you still prefer them over VPNs, here’s what you have to do to install them:
- Sign up with a Smart DNS service like Unlocator.
- Make sure OnDemandKorea is included in their list of supported channels.
- Set up Smart DNS on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. You could also install them on your router, gaming consoles, or Smart TVs.
- Unblock OnDmeandKorea from anywhere.
What to Watch on OnDemandKorea
OnDemandKorea is home to the most recent and popular Korean programs. You can enjoy shows and movies like:
- A Werewolf Boy
- The Tiger: An Old Hunter’s Tale
- Tough as Iron
- Jeon Woochi
- My Brilliant Life
- No Tears for the Dead
- The Sound of a Flower
- The Piper
- The Chronicles of Evil
- The Throne
- The Accidental Detective
- The Piper
- The Divine Move
- Wonderful Nightmare
How to Stream OnDemandKorea Abroad with VPN or Smart DNS
How to Watch OnDemandKorea Outside the US – Final Thoughts
Korean television offers some premium quality shows and programs. Some of them even gained international fame like The Host, Train to Busan, and I Saw the Devil. That is why I think OnDemandKorea would interest anyone, not just Korean nationals and expats. Therefore, get a VPN or Smart DNS proxy now to watch your favorite shows from anywhere.