Have you recently left Canada? Did you notice that you just lost access to many of your favorite Canadian-based channels? If you’re a Canadian expat trying to access Optik TV outside of Canada, you’ve probably noticed that the service is no longer accessible. But, there’s no reason to worry. I have just the right fix for that, and it’s a Virtual Service Provider, VPN.
How to Watch Optik TV Outside of Canada
Is Optik TV Available Abroad?
No, sadly Optik TV only extends its services to users residing inside Canada. If you try connecting to Optik TV from anywhere else in the world, you’ll face some serious geo-blocks. This is because the service uses wide-scale IP bans to limit its user base.
It’s not the service’s fault. Honestly, this is just the best way to abide by international copyright laws. Luckily, there’s a legitimate and safe way to bypass those bans: VPNs.
How to Watch Optik TV Outside Canada – VPN
To stream Optik TV abroad, you’ll have to obtain a Canadian IP so you can bypass the site’s IP bans. You will need a VPN. Basically, a VPN is an online security tool that has two functions. The first one would be encrypting users’ data and keeping it safe from third parties. The other purpose is rerouting users’ online traffic. A subscription like that will help:
- Secure your data and protect you from data theft.
- Keep your internet connectivity private and away from government surveillance.
Having your traffic rerouted through VPNs’ secure servers is what creates this change in your public IP address. That way, your virtual location will match the one you are trying to sneak into. In other words, you get the IP address of the server you chose to connect to. You’ll have to connect to a Canadian VPN server to receive a Canadian IP. It’s the only way you’ll be able to access Optik TV. Only five simple steps are involved in this unblocking process:
- Find a credible VPN service provider worth subscribing to.
- Get the app downloaded. Most top-tier providers own apps for platforms like macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Go through the list of servers on the VPN app.
- Locate a Canadian server and subscribe to it.
- Visit the website and stream the Canadian content no matter you are.
Best VPN for Optik TV
Now, its time to talk about the VPNs you should consider investing in. I nominate ExpressVPN. This is a reliable provider that has proven it can unblock content from all around the world while maintaining security standards. ExpressVPN offers unbeatable services thanks to its highly qualified customer support team. This provider dominates the VPN scene with its 2000+ servers in more than 94 countries.
There’s a lot that this VPN can offer. Moreover, you can make use of the 30-day money-back guarantee and try out the service before you commit. Our VPN experts did the research and came up with a list of providers that can unblock the Canadian service for you. As for their top pick, Here’s the full list of providers, just in case you don’t think ExpressVPN is the right VPN for you:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Watch Optik TV Abroad – Final Thoughts
There you have it, how to watch Optik TV from anywhere in the world with a VPN. Yes, a VPN can grant you access to services, but it doesn’t bypass any subscription fees or registration processes the service asks for.
All a VPN can do is give you access to the actual service. It can’t remove any additional fees or steps that you might have to take. Now that you know all of that, how are you going to proceed? Comment your trail of thought down below.