What is Usenet Benefits and Disadvantages Explained- Top Usenet Providers
Advantages of Usenet vs Torrents
If you use BitTorrent to download files, you’re probably wondering why you should bother with Usenet. There are a number of benefits associated with using Usenet.
- Usenet is safer than BitTorrent. You do not share any of the files with other users.
- There is no need to wait for others to seed the files you are trying to download.
- Usenet achieves higher download speeds via direct downloading. Usenet uses dedicated servers. You can take advantage of your ISP’s full bandwidth.
- Usenet makes use of SSL to encrypt data being sent to your PC.
Usenet: How To Get Stared
To get started with Usenet, you have to sign up with a reliable Usenet provider. I’ve listed the most essential features you should look out for when choosing your Usenet provider.
- Retention Period: The amount of time the files you wish to download will stay available on the Usenet server.
- Monthly Data Transfer: This refers to the amount of GBs you are allowed to download per month.
- Number of Simultaneous Connection: Some Usenet providers limit the number of connections you can make at a given time. 10 to 15 connection should be fine.
- SSL Connection: If you value your privacy, make sure that the Usenet provider you are using offers SSL connections. You can also use a VPN for added security and privacy. More on that later.
Check the list below for top Usenet providers.Last Updated Yesterday
14 Days Free Trial Period
Free 30 GB for 2 Weeks
Usenet: Using VPN for Added Security
If you value your privacy and do not want your ISP to eavesdrop on your online activity, especially while using Usenet, turn to VPN. VPN is short for Virtual Private Network. While using VPN is not a must, it is highly recommend. VPN encrypts all of your traffic through secure remote servers. That means nobody will be able to track what you are doing online. While the process does slow down your download speed by around 10 to 15%, the benefits of using VPN outweigh the disadvantages. I’ve prepared a list of VPN providers which you could use while downloading files via Usenet.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Downloading from Usenet – Conclusion
If you’re struggling with download speeds while using torrents, then Usenet is definitely worth trying out. Given that many people are new to the term, you can use the comment section below if you need more info and instructions about how to make use of Usenet.