How to Watch Brazilian TV channels and shows abroad? If you’re Brazilian, and you’re living somewhere in the world, you’d be a fool if you miss out your hometown TV. Spicing up your TV watching experience can be a good thing, and what better way to do that than bring back Brazilian TV to your screens when abroad. Besides being great resources for Portuguese learners, Brazilian TV provides entertainment at its best. Disappointingly, TV channels like Globosat, Netflix Brazil, Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão, and RedeTV cannot be accessed outside Brazil due to certain geo restrictions. But that wouldn’t be very much of a problem should those people trying to access these channels use a VPN. A VPN service provider is more than capable of removing those restrictions and allowing users to watch whatever they please. Here’s how a Brazilian expat or a fan of Brazilian TV can watch Brazilian content abroad using a VPN.
How to Watch Brazilian TV Abroad
Watch Brazilian TV Abroad Using a VPN
Becuase Telenovelas, drama series, and other TV shows are like a window to Brazilian society and culture, Brazilian expats feel the need to access such content abroad. To relive moments and reconnect with culture, Brazilian expats in Canada, the US, the UK, and Australia have to make use of a VPN. A virtual private network is a secure method of sending your online traffic through another computer over the Internet. The VPN creates a digital tunnel through which all of the users’ data gets encrypted in. That way, users are safe online and no third party can retrieve their data. As far as TV watching abroad goes, the change in IP via a VPN is what comforts expats in different countries around the world. So here’s how you can use a VPN to watch Brazilian TV abroad.
- First, sign up for a VPN service. Go with ExpressVPN instead of Hola (such VPNs can harm your online security).
- Create a VPN account.
- Download and install the VPN app from the link the provider sent.
- Launch the app.
- Connect to a VPN server in Brazil.
- You now have a new Brazilian IP address that enables you to access Brazilian TV.
ExpressVPN is the ideal VPN for such cases because not only does it allow you to access blocked content, but also keeps you safe and anonymous throughout the whole process. This service provider also offers a 30-day refund guarantee and 24/7 customer service ready to answer all your inquiries. For more information on other VPN providers check out the table below and our review on the best VPN for Brazil.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
You’ve already learned that with a VPN, you can watch Masterchef Brasil, Magnífica 70, Capitu, and a hundred other Brazilian channel. Once you connect to the VPN’s server in Brazil, you’ll obtain a Brazilian IP. That Brazilian IP makes you eligible to access Brazilian content no matter where you are in the world. Though it’s probably the most compelling thing about a VPN- accessing geo-restrictions- that’s not all it can do. Read how to get a Brazilian IP address outside Brazil for a better understanding of the process of IP change. VPNs are very useful tools that can maintain your privacy and protect you against cyber crimes. Here’s what you get to do with a VPN:
- Protect your privacy from prying eyes and government surveillance activities.
- Hide your browsing activity from local networks and ISPs.
- Share files safely and torrent all you want.
- Bypass internet censorship and circumvent firewalls.
- Save money on border-related purchases.
- Gain online anonymity so no one can find out who you are.
Watch Brazillian TV Abroad
Obviously, Brazilian TV goes to great length to entertain its viewers, some have gained a huge popularity that they have reached international screens. Brazillian expats are not the only ones who enjoy Brazilian TV as there are many people from different parts of the world who would fancy dramatic and exotic content. They’ll only need a VPN to channel Brazilian TV from anywhere around the world, literally. Now the ball is in your court, what Brazilian show will you watch abroad? Let us know in the comment section below.