Google has just launched its new live streaming service in the United States. Momentarily, Youtube TV is only available in certain areas: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, and Chicago. This means if you live outside these areas, you won’t be able to sign up for Youtube TV’s services.
Unless you geo-spoof your location with a VPN tool and appear to be in one of these states, Youtube TV will remain unavailable. Are you thinking what I am thinking? Let’s get you a VPN service provider.
Youtube TV Details
Here’s what I know about Youtube TV:
- You can sign up for the 30-day refund policy right now.
- A monthly subscription will cost about $35.
- You can use one subscription on six devices simultaneously.
- Cloud DVR is supported.
- ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS are all included.
Will Youtube TV Become Globally Available?
Don’t get your hopes up. Youtube TV’s global expansion is not going to well. From what I know, the service will not be available outside the United States at any point in the future. Even now, certain US states still have no access to Google’s new streaming service. So if you are an American TV fan, the only way you’ll be able to get Youtube TV in different countries like Canada, Australia, Ireland, or the UK is by using a VPN.
Youtube TV Abroad with VPN?
Youtube, as well as any other content provider, can tell whether or not you’re connecting from an authorized region. It reads your IP address, which reveals your geo-location. In case you weren’t located where the content you want to access is available, your access will be terminated. What you’ll have to do to gain access to these services is to change your location.
You’re not going to exert any physical activity. Instead, you’re going to click on a subscription button and have a VPN service provider do all the work for you. The VPN you subscribe to tricks the service or channel you’re trying access into thinking that you are in the same place as where it is based. By doing so, you’ll get a free pass to all the material in that country you chose.
Check out how it’s done:
- Choose a reliable VPN to subscribe to. Stay away from free ones like Hola. Now that you have created your VPN account download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Open the app and connect to a US server.
- Receive an American IP address.
- Unblock all US channels anywhere you are NBC, ABC, AMC, Freeform, A&E, CW TV, and of course Youtube TV.
While a VPN can remove restrictions so that you access content, it does not relieve you from subscriptions or registration fees. This means you still need to sign up with Youtube TV. Also, note that free VPNs can jeopardize your online privacy and security. They might not even work in some cases.
Now, that I have cleared that up, I give you the best VPNs you can use to unblock any American channel outside the USA. Get Youtube TV on PC, Mac iPhone iPad Android Chromecast.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Spoof Geo-Location on Chrome Browser
Youtube TV also uses location services to determine your location. These can be bypassed as well. To avoid getting the “Sorry, but YouTube TV is not available in your area just yet.” after the “Fetching Location. We are retrieving your location to help provide you with location-based content such as local sports and networks.” follow the instructions below.
- Launch your VPN app.
- Connect to a USA server.
- Open a new Chrome tab.
- Hit Ctrl + Shift + I (Windows) or Cmd + Option + I (Mac) to open Chrome Developer Tools.
- From the sidebar that pops up, click on the three vertical dots and then choose ‘More Tools’ -> ‘Sensors.’
- Under ‘Presets,’ choose San Fransisco.
- You can now access Youtube TV.
Youtube TV Channel Line-Up
- Disney Junior
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Fox News
- CW TV
- E! Entertainment
- Youtube Red
- National Geographic
- USA Network
- Big Ten Network
- CBS Sports
- Fox Sports Networks
Youtube TV Announced
Unblock Youtube TV Abroad
Undoubtedly, this live streaming channel will gain popularity among those who are into American-based TV channels. It’ll be interesting to see how Google’s new channel will fair in comparison to similar services such as Sling TV, PS Vue, and DirecTV Now.
If you reside somewhere outside America, you can watch Youtube TV with a VPN, so which one is it going to be? Let me know in the comments below.