Ah, Chile, the gem of South America.
Chile is a beautiful country of the Pacific Ocean that attracts many tourists throughout the year, all of whom come to enjoy the gorgeous sights and locations. The South American country is also an ex-pat magnet. Its high-income economy and high living standards make for a great relocation choice. If you’re planning on going to Chile, either as a tourist or as an ex-pat, you need to get yourself a VPN to guarantee your online safety. Read on to find out why you should be using a VPN and which VPNs work best for Chile.
Internet in Chile
Chile boasts free internet. The Chilean government takes its citizen’s right to freedom of speech and press very seriously and have no enforced internet censorship. In fact, Chile was the first country to implement net neutrality laws to protect those rights back in 2010.
To add to that, Chile has one of the most advanced telecommunication infrastructures in its region and the highest internet penetration rates in South America.
In other words, Chileans enjoy good internet connections and total freedom online.
Why Would You Need a VPN in Chile?
If the internet is great, why would you need a VPN?
The internet isn’t restricted to one location, which means that no one can guarantee your safety while online. A VPN, however, can. It secures your data through the use of encryptions and re-routes your traffic through a private connection.
A VPN can also change your public IP address. Despite all of its perks, Chile is still subject to geo-blocked content. With a VPN, you can access regionally restricted websites easily. This means that you could be lounging on your terrace in Chile while watching your favorite TV show off of an American website with ease.
Who wouldn’t want global browsing access through a safe and anonymous connection?
Best VPN for Chile
Now that you know why you would need a VPN for Chile, let’s talk about what VPN you should get.
When you’re looking at options for VPNs, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
First, don’t go with a Free VPN. More often than not, you will end up paying for it. This doesn’t mean that the service won’t be “free”, it just means that you’ll end up paying for it with your data. Most free VPNs keep logs on their users and share that data with advertisers and third parties. The whole point of a VPN is to give you privacy, security, and anonymity while online. If your data is being logged and sold, that defeats the whole purpose of a VPN.
- VPNs do affect your internet speed; encrypting your data and re-routing your traffic ends up slowing your internet connection. A VPN that has servers optimized for speed won’t affect your connection that much. Speed is an important factor because it can affect your streaming and downloads.
- As for the server coverage; you need a VPN that has servers spread throughout the globe. The wider the server coverage, the easier it is for you to unblock geo-restrictions while benefiting from a fast connection. Usually, connecting to a server close to your actual location bypass a lot of the speed issues you might face with a VPN.
Don’t worry, though. We’ve already compiled a list of the Top VPNs for Chile based on the above qualifications:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Our first suggestion is the best VPN service provider for 2022. ExpressVPN have been offering an outstanding service for a few years now, and have garnered a dedicated user-base.
They offer 2000+ servers in over 94 countries, so they definitely provide global server coverage. ExpressVPN also has a strict zero-log policy and give their users options to remain anonymous even through the sign-up process.
As for the internet speed, ExpressVPN is known to be one of the fastest VPN services on the market. All of their servers are optimized for streaming, and they even have a server-wide DDoS protection. You’ll also be getting:
- Military grade encryptions
- The latest VPN protocols
- A Free Smart DNS service called MediaStreamer
- Access to a 5-star customer support team via live 24/7 chat
- A 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test out the service before committing to it
You can read ExpressVPN’s full review here for more information about the provider.
The second suggestion on this list is considered one of the fastest VPN service providers. BulletVPN might not have a high server count, but the countries the servers are located in are evenly spread across all of the inhabited continents.
Their servers are also optimized for speed and P2P sharing, which is great if you’re an avid torrenter. They too boast a strict zero-log policy and take all privacy and security concerns to heart. With BulletVPN, you’ll have access to:
- Military-grade encryptions
- 5 different VPN protocols, including OpenVPN
- A Smart DNS feature
- 24/7 live customer support via chat or email
- A 30-day refund policy
Here’s BulletVPN’s full review so you can read all about it.
Suggestion number 3 on this list is NordVPN; one of the most features-heavy VPNs. Their servers extend over 60+ countries, providing the users with global coverage and a wide range of server options (4000+ servers).
When it comes to NordVPN’s speeds, their P2P optimized servers offer impressive download and upload speeds, perfect for streaming. Some of the features you’d be getting with NordVPN include:
- Double VPN encryptions
- Split Tunneling
- A Smart DNS feature called SmartPlay
- 24/7 live chat support
- A 30-day refund policy
You can get an idea of all of NordVPN’s features in the service’s full review.
Best VPN for Chile – Final Thoughts
Chile has a remarkable internet; great infrastructure, easy access, and full freedom of use as long as you don’t participate in any illegal activities online. This doesn’t mean that you should forgo a VPN subscription. You still need the VPN to protect yourself from possible hacks and attacks. You’ll also be thankful for the VPN when you can access any geoblocked content you want.
Best VPN for Chile
Description: ExpressVPN is the best VPN to use in Chile for a safe, private, and entertaining connection.
Security & Privacy