VPNs have become very popular in the last few years. However, picking the right one can be a bit daunting even if you’re operating with the best companies out there. That includes none other than NordVPN. Everyone has their own needs and your VPN no matter how good it is may fail to deliver. If NordVPN isn’t ticking the boxes you’re looking for, here’s all you need to know about how to cancel your subscription.
Step. 1: Cancel Automatic Payment
When you’re free trial expires, NordVPN will charge you for a 3-year subscription automatically. Some of you might think that’s a very long deal to invest in. Therefore canceling it would be the perfect way to go. Follow the steps below if that’s your case:
- Go to NordVPN’s Official Website and sign in with your account.
- Head over to My Services.
- See the three dots next to “Change Plan”, yeah click on that now.
- Choose the link that states “Cancel automatic payments”. It will appear as soon as you press Change Plan.
- Now, confirm the cancellation process by clicking on “Confirm Cancel” in the window that popped up.
- You’ll know whether it wen successfully or not when a window appears saying: “Success! Your automatic payments have been canceled.”
- All done.
Step 2: Cancel Your Subscription
If you’re dissatisfied with the service as a first-time buyer, you will probably want your money back. Not just that, but canceling your subscription requires an extra move to do after deactivating automatic payments. So, if you don’t want your NordVPN account anymore, here’s what you need to do.
- First, head over to NordVPN’s website.
- Log in with your VPN account and go straight to My Services.
- Cancel Automatic Payments.
- Now, this is where you act on your own. Open Customer service. You can do this by email or live chat. I suggest Live Chat.
- If you’re still in the 30-day period, tell them that you want to cancel your subscription and ask for a full refund.
- They will redirect you to the payments department directly after confirming your request.
- Once there, they will ask you a few questions. Answer them and proceed to the next step.
- Your subscription will be canceled within two business days as they will tell you.
- If you don’t feel like using the Live Chat option, just send them an email and you’ll get the same results.
Once it’s canceled, if you want to try out other VPNs, check this guide on the best NordVPN alternatives.
Why You Might Want to Cancel Your NordVPN Subscription
Sometimes even the best VPN out there can fail to live up to your expectations. You might read all the reviews about your chosen VPN and in the end, it doesn’t turn out the way you thought it would. Well, no software is perfect even NordVPN. That’s why I’ve listed a few reasons to why you might want to cancel your NordVPN subscription. Here they are:
- First, NordVPN may not be as fast as you thought it is. Although it’s known for its blazing fast servers, the ones in your region might not be that consistent in your country. That’s why you’ll face some frustrating drops in your internet connection.
- Second, imagine you’re looking for a certain feature or protocol and NordVPN doesn’t happen to offer that. That’s would be one of the main reasons you may get dissatisfied with the VPN provider.
- VPN clients are very important to consider a VPN for. If the VPN doesn’t support your device, you probably have no use for it. Imagine you need to use it on your PS4 and you learn that the console is not natively compatible with VPNs. That’s a disappointment.
- Another reason would be that NordVPN doesn’t offer servers in the country you wish to unblock content in. For example, if you want to access a streaming channel that is not based in the 60 countries the VPN covers. That’s a big reason to cancel your subscription.
- If you found out that there are other VPN providers with the same quality of service but at a cheaper price. There’s no good reason to stay with NordVPN.
- You found what you’re looking for through a free VPN service. Even though I highly doubt that and I don’t recommend VPNs that offer services for free, but it’s a possibility.
- Finally, NordVPN’s free trial isn’t what they claim it to be. The automatic 3-year subscription might not be what you were looking for.
These some thoughts to why somebody may want to cancel their NordVPN subscription.
Cancel Your NordVPN Subscription – Final Thought
If you’re trying to cancel your subscription to NordVPN, but unable to do so, this guide will tell you everything you need to know. NordVPN comes with a lot of features that any internet user needs for the perfect online experience. However, some of us have a different point of view when it comes to choosing a long-term VPN companion. If you choose to cancel your subscription and regret doing so later on, you can always subscribe to NordVPN again.