Android Auto is a smart driving companion. In a way, it is Google equivalent to Apple CarPlay. With a simplified interface, large buttons and powerful voice actions, Android Auto is designed to make it easier to use apps from your phone while you’re on the road. Unfortunately, the app is not yet available everywhere around the world. If you live in a region where Android Auto has not become available, you can use VPN to change your Google Play Store region. This will allow you to download and install geo-restricted applications on your Smartphone.
How to Download Android Auto Anywhere in the World
In Which Countries is Android Auto available?
You can install Android Auto from Google Play Store in the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- United Kingdom
- United States
In case you want to download and install the Android app outside these countries, you will need to change your Google Play Store region using VPN first.
How to Download and Install Android Auto Anywhere with VPN
If you try to download and install Android Auto from Google Play outside the countries listed above, you get the following error message “This app is not compatible with any of your devices”. Google determines the Google Play Store Region you get by looking at your IP address. This means that you can switch your Google Play Store region by switching your IP address. VPN allows you to do that. Install a VPN app on your Android device. Select a VPN server in the region you want to unblock. Enjoy new apps, games, movies, and TV shows.
- Install the VPN app provided by your VPN provider on your Android device.
- Choose a VPN server in a country where Android Auto is available
- Establish a VPN connection.
- On your Android device, go to Settings -> Apps.
- Under “Downloaded”, search for the Google Play Store app.
- Click on it.
- Press “Clear Data” and “Force Stop.”
- Exit settings.
- Relaunch the Google Play Store App.
- Install Android Auto.
Verify that the VPN provider you sign up with has a large number of VPN servers across the world. The following VPN providers are the best I have tested so far. If you use your Android devices in public places such as airports, hotels, hospitals, or restaurant, using VPN is also very important. VPN allows you to encrypt your traffic when using your Internet mobile connection as well as when you are connected to a public WiFi hotspot. Never underestimate your online privacy!
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Android Auto Features
- Route to your next destination using Google Maps with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
- Make calls using voice actions and answer incoming calls with just a tap.
- Listen to media apps including Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Deezer, Slacker, TuneIn, iHeartRadio and Audible.
- Send and receive messages through voice actions using SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Telegram, and other messaging apps.
List of Android Auto Compatible Cars
- Audi Q7
- Mitsubishi Pajero
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Subaru Impreza
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire
- Vitara Brezza
- Mahindra XUV500
How to Download and Install Android Auto from Anywhere
The Android Auto app is a must-have for any driver who wants to bring his/her Smartphone features to their car. Just in case you live in a region where the application hasn’t officially launched yet, you can always use VPN to get it. Have you used the Android Auto app in your car? What do you think of it?