Sport doesn’t get any better with the Cheltenham Festival. More than 265,000 racegoers are watching the event live at the Cheltenham Racecourse. However, streaming might get a bit daunting since ITV is geo-blocked outside the UK. Well, a couple of years ago, I was blocked while trying to watch Endeavour simply because I live abroad. Not anymore. Now, I’m here to help you out if you’re facing the same problem. Wherever you may be, clear your calendars from March 10 till March 13. This is how you can stream the 2020 Cheltenham Festival live anywhere.
Cheltenham Festival 2020 on ITV
I’m sorry to inform you guys, but even though the channel is free, you can’t access its content if you’re located outside the UK. Even if you’re a UK citizen, the fact that your abroad is what counts.
Once you leave the country and connect to the internet, your IP address will change to become a local one. IP addresses are what streaming channels use to determine your location. If you’re not in its area of coverage, you’ll receive a geo-error message just like I did years ago. Here’s what’s popping up on your screen when you stream ITV abroad:
- “This video isn’t available right now. Check out our Shows section for more great programmes.”
- “We’ve detected that you’re outside the UK. The ITV Hub is only available for viewing in the UK.”
I got encouraged by the first one actually. I really thought I could watch something else while overseas. Yeah, you can imagine the disappointment when I figured out that wasn’t true. However, that didn’t stop me. I did my research and came out with the perfect way to bypass regional restrictions, a Virtual Private Network.
How to Sign Up for a Free ITV Account outside the UK?
Let’s make it clear. Just because ITV offers its content for free, doesn’t mean you can roam around and watch right ahead. Before you can do so, you have to create a free account. If you don’t know your way around, let me guide you through it.
- First, visit ITV’s official website.
- On the home page, tap on “Sign in” at the top of the screen.
- This will redirect you to where you can create an account. Click on “Sign Up Now”.
- This is an easy part, submit your details as asked for. Use “WC1X 0AA” as a Postcode.
- Check the Terms and Condition section.
- Hit Submit.
- Now, from your email, follow the link sent by ITV to confirm.
- You’re all done. You’ve successfully created a free ITV account.
A valid account will do you no good if you’re outside the United Kingdom. Let’s move on to the unblocking process now.
Stream Cheltenham Festival Live Online using VPN
You’re still wondering how to watch the Festival while in the US, Canada, Australia, and elsewhere outside the UK, right? Let me give you a proper introduction worthy of such an internet security tool.
A VPN channels your traffic through secure servers and encrypt your data as long as you have a connection present. Once you connect, you’ll appear to be browsing from the region where the server is located.
If it’s in the UK, you get a British IP address instead of your currently-cloaked one. As a result, you gain access to UK-based services like Channel 5, BBC iPlayer, and of course, ITV.
Cheltenham Festival 2020 Live Anywhere- The Steps
It doesn’t take tech skills to unblock ITV abroad. Just follow this step by step walkthrough and you’ll be watching the 2020 Cheltenham Festival in no time:
- To start the process, you need to pick a credible VPN and sign up for their service. ExpressVPN is highly recommended by yours truly.
- On their website, get their VPN application and install on the device you wish to stream the 2020 Cheltenham Festival on.
- When the app is up and ready, sign in with your newly created VPN account.
- Connect to a UK server. You’ll have to wait a bit to establish a connection.
- Now, launch ITV‘s website or their dedicated app.
- Finally, you can now stream the Cheltenham Festival 2020 live anywhere.
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPNs to unblock ITV Hub outside the UK. They consider their customers’ privacy with a strict no-log policy. As for their services, they provide a 30-day refund guarantee in case you weren’t impressed. You can also use other VPN services to watch the 2020 Cheltenham Festival live online.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Watch 2020 Cheltenham Festival Free Live Online with Smart DNS
A VPN isn’t doing it for you? You’re losing too much speed when you’re connecting to a server? Then Smart DNS is what you’re looking for. Smart DNS proxy bypasses regional restrictions as good as a VPN does. However, what differs here is the added security.
Smart DNS exists strictly to circumvent geo-blocks. It doesn’t add an extra layer of protection, neither does it hide your identity while online. If you’re an avid streamer that’s just looking to binge-watch, this is what you need.
Another benefit of Smart DNS is that it can be configured on all sorts of devices. You’re not limited to what a VPN is compatible with. That said, let’s take a look at how to unblock ITV with Smart DNS:
- You do need a credible provider to get this service. That’s why I recommend using Unlocator.
- Once you subscribe to their 7-day free trial, follow their setup guides based on the platform you’re streaming the festival on.
- Once done, go back to ITV’s website or its ITV app.
- Sign in with your ITV account and stream the 2020 Cheltenham free live wherever you are.
Unlocator has been around for quite some time now. Ever since its debut back in 2013, it has reached the top of the industry. It offers a 7-day free trial and over 230 channels to be unblocked with its service. You can literally say that it is one of the best Smart DNS services out there.
Please note that all the VPNs in the table above offer a Smart DNS service. BulletVPN and Unlocator are the only ones among them to offer a free trial. While BulletVPN provides a 24-hour free trial, Unlocator has a 7-day trial. Check them out, they can help unblock dozens of channels wherever you may be.
Cheltenham Festival 2020 Schedule
You can find the full schedule of the 2020 Cheltenham Festival below:
Day One (March 10)
- Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- Racing Post Arkle Novices’ Chase (Grade 1)
- Ultima Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
- Unibet Champion Hurdle (Grade 1)
- David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- Close Brothers Novices’ Handicap Chase (Listed)
- National Hunt Chase (Amateur Riders’ Novices’ Chase) (Grade 2)
Day Two (March 11)
- Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- RSA Insurance Novices’ Chase (Grade 1)
- Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1)
- Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase
- Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- Weatherbys Champion Bumper (Grade 1)
Day Three (March 12)
- Marsh Novices’ Chase (Grade 1)
- Pertemps Network Final (Handicap Hurdle) (Grade 3)
- Ryanair Chase (Grade 1)
- Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate (Handicap Chase) (Grade 3)
- Dawn Run Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2)
- Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Amateur Riders’ Handicap Chase
Day 4 (March 13)
- JCB Triumph Hurdle (Grade 1)
- Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- Magners Cheltenham Gold Cup (Grade 1)
- St James’s Place Foxhunter Chase
- Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
- Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle (0-145)
ITV PLAYER SUPPORTED DEVICES
You can stream the 2020 Cheltenham Festival live on the following streaming devices:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Samsung Smart TV
- Now TV
How to Watch 2020 Cheltenham Festival Free Live Anywhere in the World?
Many of the horses who starred in the 2019 edition of the Cheltenham Festival will return to Cheltenham Racecourse. Which horse are you excited to see? Which method did you choose to unblock ITV? Was it VPN with ExpressVPN or Smart DNS? Feel free to give me a shout out in the comment section.