BBC iPlayer is an internet streaming, catchup, television and radio service from the BBC. And we all know BBC is based in the UK, which means it cannot be streamed abroad. However, we’re here to tell you otherwise. Learn how you can watch BBC iPlayer in Russia with a VPN and Smart DNS proxy.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Russia
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Russia Using a VPN
As a Britsih expat living in Russia or a Russian resident, you might find it difficult to access BBC iPlayer from where you are located. If you attempt to access BBC iPlayer outside the UK, you’ll be met with the following message: “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
Due to geo-restrictions, BBC iPlayer is geo-blocked outside the UK. But, with a VPN, that issue can be solved. A VPN, virtual private network, creates a digital tunnel through which your device accesses the Internet. It connects your device to one of its servers and reroutes your connection through it. This provides you with a level of privacy and security you can’t get with another provider. Here’s how you can watch BBC iPlayer in Russia with a VPN:
- Sign up for a VPN service.
- Create a VPN account.
- Download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream BBC iPlayer on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
- After you connect to a UK VPN server, you’ll be provided with a temporary British IP address.
- Enjoy streaming all that BBC iPlayer has to offer in Russia.
ExpressVPN is just the provider you need to get BBC iPlayer in Russia while maintaining your online privacy. This provider has great security features and is more than capable of unblocking major streaming services like BBC iPlayer. If you want to look for other top VPN service providers for BBC, check out the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
How to Watch BBC iPlayer in Russia Using a Smart DNS Proxy
If you’re looking for other ways to access BBC iPlayer in Russia, you might want to try out a Smart DNS proxy. The primary use of a Smart DNS is to bypass geo-restrictions and grant users the ability to access content. That being said, security is not a Smart DNS proxy’s strongest suit. What it does is it takes the data associated with your geographical location and re-routes it through a computer server. However, it does not encrypt your data or change your IP address. Nevertheless, a Smart DNS allows the user to access blocked content. Here’s how you can use a Smart DNS to unblock BBC iPlayer in Russia:
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Follow these videos/setup tutorials to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Go to BBC iPlayer’s website.
- Enjoy your unlimited access to all of BBC iPlayer’s content.
Unlocator is a service you pay for and it stealthily does its thing. It offers a 7-day free trial and unblocks over 200 channels. It’s by far the best Smart DNS provider on the market.
Watch BBC iPlayer in Russia
UK’s most popular streaming service can be made available to those who are located in Russia. With just a few taps on their VPNs and easy Smart DNS configuration, they can access, stream, and watch all the content this service has to offer.