Do you want to access Hulu in Canada? Then this guide is for you. Hulu is one of the best TV streaming services out there, however, it is only available in the US. Despite being restricted to US residents, both a VPN and a Smart DNS can get you Hulu in Canada, and here’s how.
How to Watch Hulu in Canada Using a VPN
If you live in or you’re traveling to Canada, and you want to watch something on Hulu, you will most likely receive an error that states:
“We’re sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States”
Regardless, accessing Hulu in Canada is possible using a virtual private network. A VPN creates a digital tunnel through which your device accesses the Internet, as well as rerouting your connection through a designated server in the country of your choice. As a result, you get the IP address of that country and thus become able to access all the content of that country. Here’s how you can watch Hulu in Canada using a VPN.
- Sign up with a VPN provider (preferably ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device you have.
- Launch the application.
- Connect to an American server to get an American IP address.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite shows and movies on Hulu in Canada.
ExpressVPN is a quality VPN that exceeds our expectations in terms of platform support, privacy, ease of use and excellent support. It delivers a polished and powerful experience. In the table below is a list of other top VPN service providers capable of unblocking Hulu anywhere in the world.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Watch Hulu in Canada Using a Smart DNS Proxy
If you don’t want to use a VPN, you can always resort to a Smart DNS proxy. First, you will need to check whether your ISP uses DNS hijacking. Some ISPs force your traffic through their own DNS servers even if you have different servers configured on your router. If security is not your priority, then a Smart DNS would serve you well. In case you don’t know, a Smart DNS allows you to get your hands on geo-restricted content. This happens without getting your data encrypted or IP address changed. What a Smart DNS unblocks has to do with the type of proxy being used. Overall, a Smart DNS can grant you access to Hulu in Canada and this is how:
- First, subscribe to Unlocator.
- Follow these videos/setup tutorials to learn how to set up Smart DNS on the device you have.
- Access Hulu’s website.
- Hulu is now at your service.
Unlocator is a great way to stream location-restricted content as it unblocks over 200 channels. It’s one heck of a provider that has a 7-day free trial for those who need to test things out before they commit.
VPNs and Smart DNS proxies both allow you access to geo-blocked content. Which method you decide to choose depends on whether or not security is a priority to you. Apparently, it is quite possible to access Hulu in Canada or anywhere else in the world. Simply get a VPN for Hulu, choose the location of your IP address, and then head on over to its website or application. Enjoy all that Hulu has to offer on any device at any time in Canada.