How to hide IP address on Window 10? Some people want to go about their businesses uninterrupted and untouched online, and they have every right to do that. However, as long as their IP address is detectable online, they’re far from being private. Hiding one’s IP is a defensive yet necessary act because the Internet can be a scary place. If privacy is not your main priority, how do Internet freedom and unlimited access sound? There are benefits, a lot of them, and hiding your IP on Windows 10 would do just the trick. A procedure as such can be carried out via a VPN. With Windows 10 taking over Microsoft’s operating system, installing a VPN on it would be wise. We’re here to tell you how you can hide your IP address on Windows 10 using a VPN.
How to hide IP address on Windows 10
Hide IP Address on Windows 10 Using a VPN
Each computer connected to the Internet has an IP address assigned to it. This method helps keeps track of the computers and differentiate between them. Meaning, you’re easily detectable online due to the IP address assigned to you. But, you can avoid being trackable by hiding your IP through a Virtual Private Network. A VPN works via a private network and ends up changing your IP address. At the same time, it protects your Internet traffic once it passes through the digital tunnel. When your data leaves your computer, it gets routed to the VPN server where it is then sent out with a different IP. The one you’re provided with one that belongs to the server (in the country where that server you connected to is located) which is usually hard to track.
- Sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Download and install your VPN on your PC.
- Launch the application and sign in.
- Select one of the VPN servers and connect to it.
- Check your IP address via a website like WhatIsMyIP.network to make sure a change has been made.
- You have successfully hidden your IP address.
If you don’t want your ISP, hackers, or websites snooping on your Internet activities, then a VPN gives you the protection you need. Not just any VPN can shield you from malicious attacks and rampant spying, but ExpressVPN can. This service provider hides your IP address by replacing your IP with a new one making you anonymous online. It also encrypts your data before it leaves your computer, making it unreadable for third parties. There are other service providers capable of hiding your IP, and they are displayed for you in the table below. For an in-depth analysis of which VPNs are better to use on Windows PC, read our full best VPN for PC review.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Why Hide Your Windows PC IP Address?
Most people might not be aware of this, but everything they do online can be tracked and monitored. This is all done through the IP address assigned to their computers. It’s kind of how ad networks know what you’ve been searching for and predict what products or items you are interested in. It’s also how websites know when to deny access to their content due to geographical restrictions. Bottom line, third parties know too much, all thanks to your IP address. So hiding it is what’s best for you and your overall security. Take a look at the main reasons why hiding IP address on Windows 10 is important:
- Safely store confidential information on your PC.
- Browse the web anonymously.
- Prevent third parties from using your IP address against you.
- Get Internet freedom.
- Bypass any content filters, bans or blacklisting.
- Avoid digital footprint.
- Hide your activity from your Internet Service Provider.
- Protect your data from government surveillance.
- Workaround any Internet access blocks by virtually changing location.
- Access geo-restricted sites and content.
- Hide your geographical location.
Hide IP Address on Windows 10
Not everyone feels the need to hide his/her IP address, but those who do usually want a piece of mind when they’re online. They don’t want to worry about potential online threats or data theft. They just want to enjoy browsing the web. So if you’re somewhat conscious about your security, hiding your IP address might be the right thing to do. Make sure you choose a service provider that enhances your security not jeopardizes it. What do you think is the best VPN to hide IP address on Window 10? Let us know in the comment section below.