Philo is a new live TV streaming service launched by Viacom, Scrips, AMC, A+E, and Discovery. Philo is sports-free that means you won’t find the likes of ESPN, Fox Sports, or NBC Sports in its packages. That also means it’s cheaper when compared to similar live streaming service such as DirecTV Now, Sling TV, or PS Vue. Similiarly to all these channels though, Philo is geoblocked outside the USA. You therefore won’t be able to use your subscription if you’re an American expat currently living in Canada, UK, Australia, or elsewhere abroad.
How to Watch Philo outside USA with VPN
How to Unblock PhiloTV outside USA with VPN
“Sorry, Philo is only available in the United States …for now.” That’s the geo-error you get if you try to log into your Philo account while traveling overseas. To bypass regional restrictions and unblock geoblocked sites while living abroad, you have to use VPN. A VPN basically is an online tool you can use to keep all your private data secure while browsing the web. By connecting to a VPN server, you can encrypt all of your Internet traffic. Thus, keeping it away from potential prying eyes. But that’s not the only benefit you get out of using VPN.
- Unblock Geoblocked Channels: There are many streaming services that can only be accessed from certain countries. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
In terms of best VPN service you can use to unblock American channels overseas, ExpressVPN is hands-down the best. They have multiple VPN servers located in the United States. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. So you can try them out safe in the knowledge that you’re not taking any risks. Here are our favorite VPN service providers.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
PhiloTV Channel List
Philo offers over 35 TV channels without a cable subscription. You can stream on multiple devices and get unlimited DVR for $16 a month.
- BBC America
- BBC World News
- Comedy Central
- Food Network
- LifeTime Movies
- Sundance TV
- Nick Jr
- Teen Nick
- Travel Channel
- TV Land
Philo Supported Streaming Devices
How to Watch Philo TV outside USA – Final Thoughts
There’s no shortage of live TV streaming services. Fubo TV, DirecTV Now, Youtube TV, Sling TV, Playstation Vue, and now Philo TV give cordcutters plenty of options to choose from. The only downside is that you won’t be able to use any of these services once you leave US territories. Thanks to VPN, that issue can also be amended.