The service can be accessed via various platforms. However, only residents in France can watch FranceTV due to geo-restrictions.
In other words, French ex-pats living in Spain, the US, Canada, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, or the UK cannot stream the channel’s content in their region.
That’s all about to change. Do you want to watch FranceTV in your country? This tutorial has info and instructions to unblock FranceTV outside France.
Get France TV Outside France – Full Walkthrough
There’s a lot more to know about FranceTV and how to unblock it abroad. Make sure to go through this thorough review below:
What You Need
Getting FranceTV overseas requires everything on the list below:
- A VPN subscription.
- FranceTV account.
- A FranceTV supported device.
Can I Watch france.tv Outside France?
FranceTV ended its 2020 year with over 1.3 billion views, which makes it one of the most popular and established channels in the French region.
However, as the name indicates, the service only operates in France, prohibiting anyone living overseas from accessing its content.
This mechanism is called geo-blocking, where the channel restricts your access based on your location. It examines your IP address to determine your whereabouts.
Once it figures out that your traffic is coming from outside of France, it’ll block your streaming attempt almost instantly. In fact, the only thing you’ll be getting out of FranceTV from abroad is this error message:
“Votre opérateur vous localise dans une zone pour laquelle cette vidéo n’est pas disponible.”
The problem lies in your IP address. You must get a French IP address to watch France TV, which can only be obtained by getting a VPN and following the steps provided above.
What A VPN Can Do!
To bypass geographic restrictions, you must make use of a Virtual Private Network. VPN encrypts your data and changes your IP address.
After you install a VPN on your streaming device, simply choose a France VPN server. The next time you access FranceTV Pluzz, you will be treated as if you’re streaming the video from inside France.
- A French VPN server allows you to stream all content that is exclusively available in France. FranceTV, CanalPLay, and MyCanal all become available abroad.
- VPN changes and hides your IP address. Thus you will get online anonymity and no website will be able to track you.
- DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies fail to prevent VPN from unblocking georestricted content.
- VPN can be easily installed on Android, iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC.
- The fact that VPN changes the path of all your traffic via a VPN server will reduce Internet speed by about 10%.
In order to use VPN to unblock FranceTV Pluzz, find a VPN provider which has VPN servers in France such as ExpressVPN.
A VPN Alternative – Smart DNS Proxy
“Cette vidéo est inaccessible depuis votre territoire pour des raisons de droits de defussion concedes a la France Televisions.” is the message you’ll see if you try to stream FranceTV outside France.
It basically means that FranceTV is geoblocked outside French territories. In order to watch FranceTV Pluzz outside France, you have to use Smart DNS. Smart DNS hides your location from Pluzz which will be tricked into thinking you’re located in France.
- Smart DNS does not affect your Internet speed negatively.
- You can watch geoblocked channels from different regions simultaneously. Stream FranceTV Pluzz, 4oD, and US Netflix at the same time.
- No local IP change.
- All streaming devices are compatible with Smart DNS.
- DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies, method few ISPs use, can make Smart DNS useless.
Smart DNS doesn’t cost anything if you subscribe to any of the services in the table above. All of these VPNs offer Smart DNS for free as part of their subscription.
That gives you the option to choose between changing your IP address or configuring your DNS settings in order to watch FranceTV abroad.
Not to mention that they all have a 30-day refund policy. No risk is included. Try any of them out and if you’re not convinced, ask for your money back within the first 30 days of purchase.
How to Create a France TV Account Overseas
Connecting to a French server might get you the channel abroad, but without an account, you won’t be able to stream anything. Therefore, here’s how you can sign up to FranceTV abroad:
- First, launch your VPN and connect to a French server.
- Next, head over to https://www.france.tv/
- On the top right of your screen, click on the Profile Icon and select Inscription.
- Fill in the necessary information and enter a valid French Zipcode. You can use: 75001.
- Finally, on the bottom right of your screen, click on Je M’inscris.
- You now have a FranceTV account.
Please note that if you’re not familiar with the French language, you can always translate the page to English. That would make the sign-up process easier to comprehend.
How to Watch FranceTV on Any Device outside France
Now you have a VPN subscription and a FranceTV account. What’s left is getting the channel on the device you’re operating, which we’re showcasing next:
To get FranceTV on Android, follow the steps below:
- Open your VPN and connect to a French server.
- Switch your Google Play Store’s region to France and download France TV.
- Launch the channel’s application.
- Sign in with your FranceTV account and stream away.
On iPhone and iPad, this is what you need to do in order to watch FranceTV in your country:
- Install the VPN app on your device and establish a French VPN connection.
- Change your Apple Store region to France and get the FranceTV app.
- Sign in with your account and watch live and on-demand content anywhere.
If you’re using a PC or Mac, your task is very simple:
- Download the VPN app on your desktop device.
- Launch the client and connect to a French server.
- Open your preferred browser and visit https://www.france.tv/
- Sign in with your FranceTV account.
- Stream top French content anywhere.
On Chromecast, getting the app is quite impossible if you’re living abroad. However, you can still do this:
- Set up your VPN on your router or configure its DNS settings (Smart DNS).
- Download and install the FranceTV app on your iOS or Android mobile.
- Launch the channel and sign in.
- Pick your video and hit cast.
- Watch on your TV via Chromecast from anywhere.
FranceTV Anywhere – FAQ
More questions? We have all the answers. Here are some of our readers’ inquiries that you might find useful:
What Devices Can I Watch FranceTV on?
FranceTV can be streamed on the following devices.
- Windows PC
- iOS Mac
What Channels Do I Get to Stream on FranceTV?
FranceTV Pluzz allows you to stream the following channels online for free.
- France 2
- France 3
- La 1ère
- France 4
- France 5
Is FranceTV Free?
Yes. France TV allows live and on-demand content without having to pay anything. It’s completely free.
Do I Need an Account to Watch FranceTV?
Without an account, most of the content won’t be available for streaming. You must first create an account to watch everything on FranceTV.
Can I Watch FranceTV on Kodi?
Kodi users can access france.tv with ease using the widely popular platforms. They can install the france.tv add-on directly from Kodi’s official repository.
Unblock FranceTV outside France – Final Words
You now have everything you need to get FranceTV in your country. Once you’re done with this guide, you’ll be able to watch on-demand and live content for free wherever you are.
In case you face any difficulties unblocking FranceTV outside France, kindly post a comment below.