How to install Kodi 17 on Android TV box? The Android TV is a great streaming device. If you setup Kodi on it, you open up a whole new level of entertainment. In this tutorial, I will show you how to setup Kodi Krypton 17 on any Android device. Addi tonally, I will show you how to install Fusion and Exodus. In the end, you will be able to watch endless movies, TV shows, and live streams. You can find instructions to install VPN on your Android TV Box as well.
How to Install Kodi 17 on Android TV Box
Install Kodi on Android TV Box (Kypton 17 Build)
There are two ways you can install Kodi on your Android streaming box. The first one involves Google Play Store while the second requires you to use the ES File Explorer app. Choose your preferred Krypton 17 installation method below. Here’s a list of all Android Boxes these guides are tested on. If you’re streaming box isn’t listed, don’t worry. You should still be able to use either Kodi Krypton 17 installation method.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Mini M8S
- M9C MINI
- MXQ Pro
- MX3 Plus
- T957 Plus
- Q10 Pro
- Nvidia Shield
- Matricom G-Box Q2
- Razor Forge TV
- Google Nexus Player
How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box using Google Play Store
If you have Google Play Store installed on your Android TV, setting up Kodi can be done in a couple of minutes. Follow these steps.
- Launch your Android TV Box and open Google Play Store.
- Search for the ‘Kodi’ app and click on it.
- Download and Install Kodi on your Android TV Box.
- Either click on ‘Open’ once the installation process is complete or go back to your Android TV Box homepage and launch the Kodi app.
How to Install Kodi on Android TV Box with ES File Explorer
If you do not have access to Google Play Store on your Android TV Box for some reason, you can alternatively use the ES Explorer app to download Kodi 17. Follow these instructions.
- On your Android TV box, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- Now, Launch the ES Explorer app.
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/kodi.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the Kodi apk file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your Android TV.
- Go back to your Android TV Box home screen.
- Launch the Kodi app.
How to Install Fusion On Android TV Box
Now that you have installed the Kodi 17 app on your Android TV, it is time to add some repositories to it. Fusion should be your first one given that it will allow you to install the most popular addons. Follow these steps.
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/”.
- Name it ‘Fusion’ and click ‘OK’.
How to Install Exodus on Android TV Box
Now that you have added the Fusion repository to your Krypton 17 build, it’s time to install Exodus on your Android TV Box.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Fusion -> kodi-repos -> English.
- Select repository.exodus-1.0.1.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose the Exodus repository to open it.
- Click on Video Add-ons -> Exodus and press install.
- Wait until you see the Exodus Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- All the video addons you install, including Exodus, will appear here.
How to Hide IP Android TV Box
If you use Kodi on your Android TV Box to stream movies and TV shows via unofficial Kodi addons such as Exodus, SATLS, or Alluc, it’s highly recommend to hide your IP address using VPN.
Using VPN to mask your IP address on your Android TV Box has several benefits.
- You get to change your Google Play Store region with VPN. Thus, you can download official Android apps which are not available in your region.
- VPN also allows you to unblock geo-restricted channels on Android TV Boxes. Watch BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO GO, ITV, Discovery, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, Hotstar, and many more.
- You get to download torrents anonymously to your Android TV Box.
- All your Kodi streaming activities cannot be traced back to your IP. Safely watch the latest movies, TV shows, and live streams via third-party Kodi addons.
- Hiding your IP on Android TV box is crucial, especially if you live in a country where Kodi pre-loaded boxes can be considered illegal.
In order to install a VPN app on your Android TV, follow this guide. I’ve tested IPVanish‘s app on my Android streaming box and it works flawlessly. Take a look at the best VPNs for Android TV boxes.
How to Install Kodi 17 on Android TV Box – Conclusion
In summary, install Kodi 17 on your Android TV. Then setup Fusion and install the Exodus addon. Finally add a VPN app to your Android device to make sure your IP address is hidden at all times.