Tidal is a relatively new music streaming service founded back in 2014. The service has over 48.5 million tracks and 175,000 music videos. So it’s safe to say it’s one of the best subscription-based music streaming services you can sign up with. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install Tidal on Kodi 17.4 Krypton. This will allow you to enjoy music via Tidal on your PC, Mac, Android, Amazon FireStick, or any other device you have installed Kodi on.
How to Install Tidal on Kodi 17 Krypton
How to Install Tidal on Kodi – Step-by-Step Instructions
The Tidal plugin can be found in the official Kodi add-on repository. You will need a premium Tidal subscription in order to sign into the addon. Follow the steps below to setup Tidal on Kodi:
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Music Addons.
- Click on Tidal -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Tidal Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Music Addons.
- All the music addons you install, including Tidal, will appear here.
- Launch the Tidal addon and sign in using your Tidal account.
Alternatively, you could download the official Tidal add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
Best VPN for Kodi
Many Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof you location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, BulletVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
How to Install Tidal on Kodi – Wrap Up
That’s all you need to know about how to setup Tidal on your Kodi app. In terms of top music Kodi addon, this particular plugin is right there at the top.