What are the best addons for Kodi 18 Leia? Kodi 17.6 Krypton is the last version of the Krypton phase. Therefore, it’s safe to say that the official release of Kodi 18 Leia is imminent. The latest Kodi build will bring some interesting new features to the table. Gaming being one of them. With all that in mind, we take a look at the top Kodi 18 Leia plugins you can install on your Amazon FireStick, Xbox One, Raspberry Pi, Android TV Box, PC, and Mac.
Best Addons for Kodi 18 Leia
When it comes to Kodi, it’s always best to only install addons that can be found in the official Kodi Add-on repository. These plugins are mainly safe as well as legal to use. Here are our favorite top Kodi 18 Leia addons.
USTVNow is one of the most popular Kodi addons and for a good reason too. It basically is a free plugin that enables users to watch popular American channels such as CBS, ABC, and CWTV free live online. If you’r a Kodi user USTVNow is a must-have. You can install it by following this guide.
2. iPlayer WWW
The iPlayer WWW is number two on our list of best addons for Kodi 18 Leia. This addons allows users to watch both live and on-demand content from BBC. You can stream popular TV shows such as Match of The Day, Top Gear, Eastenders, as well as Peaky Blinders. As long as you’re located in the United Kingdom that is. For more information on how to setup the iPlayer WWW addon on Kodi 18, take a look at these instructions.
3. Youtube Addon
It safe to say that Amazon and Google are not seeing eye to eye at the moment. The conflict has resulted in the Youtube app being removed from the Amazon store. This has left FireStick users in a dilemma. Thanks to the Youtube Kodi addon you can still easily access all your favorite Youtube channels and videos on any device you have installed Kodi on. This includes the Amazon Fire TV and FireStick.
Crackler is a free and legal Kodi addon you can use to watch a variety of movies and TV series. You can either visit the Crackle website or install the official Crackler Kodi plugin on your PC, Mac, Android, FireStick, or Raspberry Pi. The library of movies and TV shows you get to access depends on your region. Therefore, using VPN is advised.
It’s no longer Plex vs Kodi, but rather Plex AND Kodi. The official Plex addon is now available for free on Kodi. That means you can combine the world’s two best multimedia ports together. Fans of either platform have also wondered how Kodi and Plex would work together. Plex finally did add an official addon to Kodi which you can find in the official Kodi add-on repository.
Other Kodi Addons for Kodi 18 Leia
- Funimation Now
- Zattoo Box
- NBC Sports
- Fox Sports Go
Best VPN for Kodi 18 Leia
Most Kodi 18 addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi 18 Leia.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi 18 Leia. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.[tableDate]
How to Install Best Addons for Kodi 18 Leia
In order to setup any addon from the list above, all you need to do is access the official Kodi add-on repository. Here’s how to install USTVNow Kodi addon for instance.
- Launch your Kodi 18 Leia application.
- Head over to Addons.
- Click on the little package addon installation icon in the top left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Next choose the Kodi add-on repository -> Video add-ons.
- Click on USTVNow -> Install.
- Wait for the ‘Addon enabled’ notification.
- Go back to your Kodi homescreen and click on Addons -> Video addons.
- Choose USTVNow.
Best Addons for Kodi 18 Leia – Wrap Up
So what do you think of our list of top Kodi 18 Leia addons? Have you tried out any of them yet? Is there a plugin that you think should be on the list too? Share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment below.