How to setup a VPN connection on Nvidia Shield TV? The Nvidia Shield is a great device for both gaming and streaming. What many people don’t know, however, is that you can install VPN apps on it. Using VPN allows you to bypass regional restrictions and unblock apps that would normally not be available in your region. You can also use VPN to hide your IP address and encrypt all of your Internet traffic. But how exactly can I install VPN on Nvidia Shield TV? Read the tutorial below to find out.
How to Install VPN on Nvidia Shield TV
Best VPN for Nvidia Shield
Before setting up VPN on your Nvidia Shield, you have to sign up with a VPN service provider. Most of these services will set you back around 5 to 10$ a month. A fair price if you take all the benefits you get out of VPN into consideration including an extra layer of privacy and security as well as access to geo-restricted streaming channels. Here are the top VPNs for Nvidia Shield as of 2018.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Install VPN on Nvidia Shield – Method 1
If you have access to Google Play Store on your Nvidia Shield, follow these steps to install VPN on it. If not, skip to Method 2.
- Head over to ExpressVPN and sign up for a VPN account. TheVPN.guru readers can benefit from an exclusive discount.
- Launch your Nvidia Shield TV and open Google Play Store.
- Search for the ‘ExpressVPN’ app and click on it.
- Download and Install ExpressVPN on your Nvidia.
- Either click on ‘Open’ once the installation process is complete or go back to your Nvidia Shield homepage and launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Log in using the ExpressVPN account you have previously created.
- From within the app, connect to a VPN server of your choice.
Benefits of Using VPN on Nvidia Shield
VPN opens up a whole new level of Internet freedom on any device. Here’s what you can get out of VPN on Nvidia Shield.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Access Geoblocked Apps: Streaming channels like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and ITV are only available in certain countries. Using VPN allows you to eliminate these geo-restrictions. Access any site or app you want whenever you want.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on Nvidia Shield, PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
How to Install VPN on Nvidia Shield – Final Thoughts
The two methods listed above should allow you to install a VPN app on your Nvidia Shield without issues. However, just in case you run into any trouble while trying to setup a VPN connection, feel free to drop a comment below. We’ll be more than happy to help you out.