How to Redeem American iTunes Gift Cards Outside the US
I’m a chain streamer, ok? Imagine my reaction when I figured out that I can’t purchase my channels just because I’m outside the US. Well, as an expat, I don’t have a valid payment method in the United States, therefore I use prepaid redeem codes. However, since it’s not possible to use them abroad, I went ahead and did a little research. Eventually, my problem was solved and I’m here to solve yours.
How to Use American iTunes Gift Cards Outside the US
All iTunes gift cards are country-specific, they can only be used in the country of issue. For example, an iTunes Gift Card purchased in America for a US App Store can’t be redeemed in a French or UK iTunes. So, are you wondering how to redeem and use a US gift card abroad? The answer is simple, you will need a United States iTunes Store account to redeem your US iTunes gift card. Keep scrolling to see the instructions on how to create an American account and redeem your US gift voucher.
- Use your PC or Mac to log out of your iTunes account.
- Check the bottom right of the Store, you’ll see a flag. Switch it to the US.
- Look for a free app and click get.
- After that, you’ll be asked to create an account.
- Select no card option and create a username and password with a valid email address.
- On your iPhone or iPad, log out of your account.
- Sign in with your new account and you’ll have a US iTunes.
- Now go to your App Store.
- Click on your Profile Icon.
- Once you do that, scroll down and you’ll see “Redeem Gift Card or Code”.
- Click on it.
- Enter your code.
- You’ll notice that your balance has been filled.
- Purchase whatever you want wherever you are.
How to Activate US Channels Abroad with a VPN
Now that you know how to refill your balance and purchase apps outside your country, it’s time to learn how to operate them. American streaming channels are blocked outside their country of origin. This means that any attempt to stream their content abroad will result in an instant ban. However, with the use of a VPN, you’ll be able to spoof your online location and appear to be browsing straight from the US.
Upon connecting to a US server, you’ll receive an American IP address. Well, that’s all you need. Now, when a channel reads your IP, it’ll determine that you’re a current US resident. As a result, you’ll have full access to its content regardless of your location.
Here’s all you need to do in order to unblock American channels outside the US:
- Sign up with a VPN provider. ExpressVPN is highly recommended.
- Download and install the VPN application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in with your VPN account and connect to a US server.
- Now that you have a US IP address, launch your selected channel.
- Enjoy American TV anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN is one of the top providers on the market. It grants its users over 148 server locations to tap into different kinds of content. Not to mention that it also protects your device with the latest security technology against any hacking or monitoring attempts. For more info about other top VPNs for iOS, check the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Redeem American iTunes Gift Card Outside the US
Gift certificates purchased in the United States may only be redeemed by residents of the United States. As we all know, the US App Store is the best when it comes to the quantity of content you can get in it. However, without a valid American account, neither will you be able to redeem Gift Cards nor get access to certain apps. So, now you have the solution and how to operate these apps outside the country. All I have to say is take your iOS experience to the max and enjoy.
I purchased apple gift card for friend who lives in South Korea. I emailed the card to him but when he tries to open it, comments comes on and says Failed
He has tried the workaround and that isn’t working either. Can you help resolve this problem? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you