This year’s editions of the Six Nations will start on the 1st of February 2020 and end on the 14th of March, 2020. England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, and Wales will all compete for the Championship Trophy. A dozen streaming channels are bringing the competition right to your small screen, but they’re all restricted to their own regions. In this guide, we will show you how to unblock these channels abroad and watch Guinness Six Nations 2020 live anywhere you may be.
How to Watch Six Nations 2020 Live Stream?
Six Nations 2020 Streaming Channels
The competition is one of the most popular Rugby events in the world. That’s why it deserves a global TV coverage so that anyone around the world can tune in and watch the action.
However, before we proceed, you must know that the channels broadcasting the Six Nation competition are geo-restricted to their own region. It’s what we call geo-blocking, a mechanism used to restrict user access based on their physical location.
The channel can determine your whereabouts by examining your IP address. If it’s not a valid one in the country where the channel has the right to air the content, you’ll be instantly blocked.
However, that’s an issue we’ll be solving later on in this guide. As for now, here are the Six Nations 2020 official broadcasters:
To find a solution, we must first address the problem, and we did. Apparently, your IP address is the main reason you’re not able to access the channels from abroad. Well, that’s about to change in the next section of the article.
How to Watch 6 Nations 2020 Live with VPN
In order to unblock any of the Six Nations streaming channels listed above overseas, you need to spoof your online location. Let’s say you want to watch BBC iPlayer or ITV live outside the UK.
Your current IP address reveals your location to the geo-restricted channel you are trying to watch. If you live outside the UK, the channel will instantly determine that and will block your access. Here’s the geo-error message you’ll be getting:
“BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
By hiding your real IP, that channel will believe you are in a region where their live stream is available. How can you do that? Well, with a Virtual Private Network this all doable with a push of a button.
A VPN reroutes your traffic through a dedicated server in a country of your choosing. Once you connect, the VPN protects your data and hides your IP address, assigning you with a temporary one valid in the region where the server is based.
For example, if it’s in the UK, you get a British IP address. As a result, you can stream the likes of BBC iPlayer, ITV, and other UK-based channels wherever you may be.
It’s really not that hard of a task to do. All you need is a comprehensive step-by-step process and you’ll be watching Six Nations 2020 anywhere in no time:
- First, sign up with a VPN service. We highly recommend ExpressVPN if you want a great server distribution and blazing-fast speeds.
- Next, download and install the ExpressVPN app on your Android, iPhone, iPad, PC, or Mac.
- Now, launch the app, sign in, and navigate to the server list.
- Connect to a server based on the channel you wish to watch the competition on:
- US server for NBC Sports.
- UK server for BBC iPlayer and ITV.
- German server for DAZN, etc…
- Visit the channel’s website or activate its dedicated application if available.
- Finally, watch Six Nations 2020 live online anywhere in the world.
While ExpressVPN is the best in the business when it comes to unblocking sports channels from all around the world, there are other VPN services you can use to bypass regional restrictions as well. Check them out in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited time 72% discount
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Stream Six Nations Live Online with Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is an alternative option you can use to unblock geo-blocked channels from around the world. Although in this case, the quantity of channels you can unblock is limited. Your IP address is also not masked.
Smart DNS, however, is compatible with all streaming devices i.e. you can directly set it up on almost any platform. There’s a very big difference between Smart DNS and VPN, but the geo-blocking results are the same except:
- You can configure the DNS codes on Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation, Xbox, and Smart TVs.
- Smart DNS doesn’t encrypt your data (No extra security), which allows you to stream geo-restricted content with minimal speed loss.
- Configuring Smart DNS doesn’t change your IP address. This allows you to access both restricted and local channels simultaneously.
All of the VPNs mentioned in the table above offer a Smart DNS service. However, Unlocator is the only one that allows you to purchase it on its own. If unblocking channels is all the you’re looking for, then that would be the cheaper and better option for you.
Six Nations 2020 Schedule
The 2020 edition of the Six Nation competition will once again see France, England, Italy Ireland, Scotland, and Wales go head to head over the course of five thrilling rugby-packed weekends of fixtures.
This epic international competition will kick off on February 1st, 2020 and wrap up on March 14th, 2020. Unlike Round 1 to 4, the fifth round will take place on the same day, March 14, dubbing it as “Super Saturday,” which begins with Wales vs. Scotland at the Principality Stadium
Now, with that said, let’s take a look at how the 2020 Guinness Six Nations’ games will pan out:
- Italy v Wales – February 1
- Ireland v Scotland – February 1
- France v England – February 2
- Wales v Ireland – February 8
- Scotland v England – February 8
- Italy v France – February 9
- Italy v Scotland – February 22
- Wales v France-February 22
- England v Ireland – February 23
- Ireland v Italy – March 7
- England v Wales – March 7
- Scotland v France – March 8
- Wales v Scotland – March 14
- Italy v England– March 14
- France v Ireland – March 14
How to Watch 2020 Six Nations Free Live Online?
It will definitely be interesting to see how the final 6 Nations are standing this year. Which nation do you think will come out on top? In case you need any help setting up ExpressVPN or Unlocator to stream the Guinness 6 Nations live online, please let us know by leaving a comment below.