How to stream the 2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie live online? The 2018 Open Championship will be the 147th Open Championship, held 19–22 July 2018 at Carnoustie Championship Course in Scotland. Sky Sports and NBC Sports will broadcast the major Open in the UK and USA respectively. Unfortunately for golf fans living abroad, both these channels are geo-restricted. In order to unblock them, and consequently watch the Open Championship 2019 live online, you have to use VPN or Smart DNS proxies. In the tutorial below, I will show you how to bypass regional restrictions and watch 2018 Open Championship live on PC, Mac, Android, Apple TV, iOS, Fire Stick, or Roku.
How to Watch Open Championship 2018 Live Online
The Open 2018 Streaming Channels
How to Watch Open Championship 2018 Live with VPN
To access Sky Go, Now TV, or NBC Sports while outside their allowed region, you will need to bypass their geo-restrictions. In this case, a VPN comes in handy since it lets you anonymously stream their channel by tricking their site to think that you’re accessing it from within the UK. Of all the VPNs I’ve tested, ExpressVPN seems to be the best VPNs you can use to bypass geo-restrictions. Here’s a list of features that make ExpressVPN stand out from the rest.
- Customer care that is available 24/7 to help sort out any issue you might have as soon as it arises.
- Unblock all UK and USA channels abroad. This includes Sky, NBC, Netflix, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Hulu, and many others.
- Ability to engage up to 3 simultaneous VPN connections.
- Availability of easy-to-use software for Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows.
- Access to American Netflix.
When testing out VPNs, it’s always important to make sure there’s a guarantee of some sort that safeguards you as a user. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Here’s my list of the top VPN providers to watch The Open 2018.
How to Stream The Open Championship with Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is another method that allows you to trick geo-restricted channels to think you live in the same country where they are available. While VPN encrypts your traffic and masks your IP address, Smart DNS only re-directs certain geoblocked URLs. The rest of your Internet traffic remains untouched.
- Whether you can actually unblock a certain channel using proxies depends on the Smart DNS service you are using.
- You can set up Smart DNS on PS3, PS4, Xbox, Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Neither your IP address nor Internet speed are affected when you use Smart DNS.
- You can watch Champions League streaming channels from different regions simultaneously using one Smart DNS configuration. No need to switch things around each time.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS proxy service that supports unblocking FuboTV, BT Sport, BeIN Sport, SuperSport, Viaplay, and Fox Sports Go among other channels. You can try them out for free by signing up for a 7-day trial. No credit card required.
How to Watch Open Championship at Carnoustie Live Online?
Rickie Fowler, Jordan Spieth, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose and Jordan Spieth are all favorites to win the coveted Claret Jug at Carnoustie this year. Which golf player do you think will walk away victorious at the 2018 British Open? Share your thoughts and predictions below.