We bet that your schedule from January 10th to the 27th is already fixed on the 2019 Men’s Handball World Championship. And we’re guessing that you’re here to learn the many ways you can watch the event. This is how you can watch the Handball World Championship 2019 on Kodi or FireStick live.
How to Watch Handball World Championship 2019 on Kodi Live
How to Watch Handball World Championship on Kodi- Use a VPN
In order to watch the Handball World Championship 2019 on Kodi from anyplace, the use of a VPN is inevitable. You can get the ZDF addon, but it still won’t work if you reside outside Germany. And that is due to geo-restrictions. To bypass these geo-blocks, you’ll need a Virtual Private Network.
A VPN provider is a secure and encrypted network, which is created over the public internet connection to allow users to anonymize their identity while online. Since it hides your identity and internet activity you get to do whatever you want to do online after connecting to one of the VPN’s servers. That’s when you’re connection gets rerouted through the server of a country you choose, and you get a new temporary IP address. Here’s how you can unblock ZDF addon on Kodi using a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN provider (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on the device you wish to use.
- Launch the application.
- Connect to a German server to get a German IP address.
- Visit ZDF channel and watch the programmes you’re longing for.
Based on personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. In fact, they have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2019 below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
How to Watch Handball World Championship on Kodi- Instructions
The official Kodi add-on repository has two ZDF addons: ZDF Mediathek and ZDF Mediathek 2016. Follow the steps below to add any of these plugins to your video addons. Remember, only ZDF Mediathek 2016 offers live streaming of ZDF channels.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, click on the Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Select ZDF Mediathek 2016 from the list and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’ and then go back to your Kodi home screen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> ZDF Mediathek 2016.
- You have successfully installed ZDF on Kodi.
- You can now watch the 2019 Handball World Cup on Kodi live.
Handball World Championship on Kodi- Final Words
Well, that’s basically what you need to know about how to install the ZDF Kodi addon. Hopefully, this guide will help you watch both live and on-demand German videos on any of your devices where you have Kodi step up on. Let us know how it works out for you in the comment section below.