The Twenty20 cricket championship will take place from October 16 to November 13, 2022, in Australia. This legendary tournament is popular everywhere, which explains the fact that several free and paid streaming channels will broadcast it online. However, geo-blocking still applies.
In other words, not everyone can stream the cricket action as all of these channels are geo-restricted to their respective regions.
Well, we love cricket as much as you do and we won’t let you miss any of it. With that said, here’s how you can stream the 2022 ICC World Twenty20 live anywhere.
T20 2022 Official Streaming Channels
The tournament will be broadcasted all over the world through the following streaming channels:
|Sky NZ||New Zealand|
|Sky Go||The United Kingdom|
|WillowTV/ESPN+||The United States|
VPN vs. Geo-Blocking
The channels in the list above will provide their viewers with extensive free live online coverage of all T20 games. However, they all are geoblocked outside their respective countries.
Geo-blocking is a mechanism used to protect copyright agreements. The channels examine your IP address to determine your location and block/allow you access accordingly.
For example, to watch Hotstar, you must be in India, i.e, have an Indian IP address. If you’re abroad (for example, in Europe), that’s exactly what you lack, resulting in the following error message:
“Hotstar.com is unavailable for residents in Europe.”
In order to unblock and watch Hotstar outside India, you need an Indian IP address. By using VPN, you can connect to an Indian VPN server and change your online location. Hence, unblock and watch Star Sports outside India.
- You can easily install a VPN on Android, iPhone, iPad, PC, or Mac devices thanks to VPN apps.
- VPN encrypts your traffic. Thus, preventing websites from tracking your online activity.
- You can use VPN to unblock geoblocked channels from around the world. Just connect to a VPN server in the country where the channel is available to stream.
- As long as you are connected to the VPN server, your Internet speed will be marginally reduced.
For the past few years, I have been using ExpressVPN to unblock Star Sports outside India. This has allowed me to watch major sports events like Twenty20, and the Bundesliga free live online. Of course, there are other VPN providers you can also use to watch Twenty20 live online.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
A VPN Alternative – Enter Smart DNS
The one issue with VPN is that as long as you are connected to an Indian VPN server for example, your streaming device will appear to be physically located in India.
This might prevent you from watching certain local channels which would usually be geoblocked outside your region. Smart DNS offers a workaround. With Smart DNS, you can unblock free T20 streaming channels without changing your IP address.
- One Smart DNS configuration unblocks streaming channels from different regions simultaneously. Watch Star Sports, SuperSports, Sky Sports, BBC iPlayer, and American Netflix all at once.
- No need to make changes if you wish to watch your local streaming channels. Smart DNS does not change your IP address.
- All streaming devices are compatible with Smart DNS. Watch Twenty20 on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox, iPad, iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac.
- No Internet speed drop when using Smart DNS.
Unlike VPN, not all Smart DNS proxy services support unblocking Star Sports outside India. However, Unlocator does unblock Star Sports, BBC iPlayer, SuperSports, ESPN, among other channels. Sign up for a free Unlocator account to try out Smart DNS for free on a 7-day trial. No credit card is required to sign up. Unlocator can be configured on your device using these setup guides.
Twenty20 2022 World Cup – FAQ
Do you want to know more about the T20 World Cup? Make sure to check the following FAQ section:
What Teams are Competing in the Tournament?
The teams are distributed into two groups:
- Group 1: New Zealand, England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Ireland, and Afghanistan.
- Group 2: India, South Africa, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Netherlands.
When Will the Tournament Take Place?
The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will occur between 16 October 2022 and 13 November 2022.
What Will the Winner Get in Terms of Prize Money?
This year’s winner will take home $1.6 million in total.
What Country is the Tournament hosted in?
The 2022 edition of the T20 tournament will take place in Australia across Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney.
Stream Twenty20 World Cup 2022 – Summing Up
Remember, if you need any help setting up any of these unblocking methods, make sure to give us a shout out in the comment section below.