Learn how to watch and unblock Sling TV outside US in this help guide. Sling TV is DISH’s live TV and VOD service. Sling TV offers its US subscribers CNN, TNT, TBS, ESPN, Adult Swim, CN, HGTV, and Disney. Sling TV is geoblocked abroad. To unblock Sling TV overseas in UK, Germany, Australia, France, Spain, or Canada, you need to use Smart DNS or VPN. Find info about both solutions below.
How to Watch Sling TV outside USA – Unblock Abroad
Important Note: This tutorial is intended for newbies who have little or no knowledge of Smart DNS or VPN. In case you have used either method to unblock geo-blocked content like Netflix or Hulu before, you don’t need to read the whole article. Go over to Unlocator for a reliable Smart DNS Proxy service. If you’re more familiar with VPN, visit ExpressVPN. Choose an American VPN server after you sign up. Watch Sling TV outside the USA.
Sling TV – A US-based Streaming Channel
The Dish Network-owned channel is very popular in the United States. It had more than 2.5 million subscribers in the country back in 2019. The channel’s popularity and demand are increasing on a daily basis. However, only those who reside in the US can stream Sling TV’s content.
Even with a valid account, the channel won’t operate overseas, leaving ex-pats and streamers outside the US with nothing but these error messages:
- “ERROR.” The request could not be satisfied. The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.”
- “7-600 error. We’re sorry Sling TV is only available inside the US. Thank you for your interest.”
- “We’re sorry! We could not authorize video playback. (10-403).”
Sling TV restricts users’ access to the United States only. In other words, anyone who wishes to stream its content should hold a US IP address, otherwise, they’ll get blocked.
But that can be easily managed with the right tool, which we included in the next part as we show you how to unblock Sling TV anywhere in the world.
How to unblock Sling TV outside the US – The Smart DNS Method
Sling TV detects your location and blocks you from streaming its services outside US. In order to bypass these geographic restrictions, you need to hide your true location. This is basically what Smart DNS does. After you sign up with a Smart DNS proxy service like Unlocator, you have to change DNS server settings on your streaming device. The values you need to input will be provided by the Smart DNS proxy service you choose.
- Smart DNS does not change your IP address. This is particularly useful if you visit local websites that are geoblocked outside the territory you live in.
- Your Internet speed practically stays the same since Smart DNS only has to redirect your connection partially.
- You can unblock streaming services from different regions without having to change your Smart DNS setup. Watch UK’s BBC iPlayer, US Sling TV, and Canadian Netflix at once.
- My favorite Smart DNS feature is its compatibility with all streaming devices. Unblock Sling TV on Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, Nexus Player, Smart TV, or Roku.
- Smart DNS has one small drawback. It won’t work for you if your ISP uses DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. Luckily, not many ISPs do use these methods.
You’ll find a lot of Smart DNS proxy services online. What sets good ones apart, is their reliability and amount of unblocked channels on offer. The Smart DNS proxy service I use is Unlocator. Their list of 173 unblocked streaming channels is constantly increasing. They also offer vidoes/tutorials for most streaming devices. You can try their free one-week trial.
How to unblock Sling TV outside the USA – The VPN Method
VPN is an alternate solution to unblock all sorts of restricted streaming websites. VPN directs all your traffic through a VPN server located in a country of your choice, the US in this instance. By doing this, your streaming device will obtain an American IP address. Thus, Sling TV will treat it as it is located in USA.
- The main advantage here is that you unblock all geoblocked US channels using one VPN configuration. Unblock and watch US Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, WWE Network, Hulu, Vudu, an all other US-only online channels.
- VPN apps make installing VPN on iPhone, iPad, Android, and PC/Mac a matter of minutes. To install VPN on other streaming devices, you need a VPN router.
- While your Internet speed gets a 10% speed penalty, VPN greatly increases your online privacy by encrypting your traffic. No eavesdropping from your neighbor, ISP, or websites.
- VPN works efficiently even if your ISP uses DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies.
A good VPN provider such as ExpressVPN offers good Internet speeds and VPN servers around the world.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Sling TV Channels
- Cartoon Network
- Food Network
Sling TV compatible streaming devices
- Nexus Player
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Mac/OS X
- LG Smart TV
- Windows PC
- Xbox One
Sling TV has joined the likes of Netflix and Amazon Instant Video in the VOD market. Using Smart DNS or VPN allows US expatriates to stream Sling TV abroad. Use the comment box below for any questions about how to unblock and watch Sling TV outsidethe US using Smart DNS or VPN.